View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #7
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I guess I should have been more clear about what I was referring to when I said their are enough games to make it a worthy purchase.

Lets see if i can make this better (maybe not though lol)

The PS3 does have games now available that are fun and great to play. Like mentioned above my love for console games is pretty much limited to sports and racers. FPS should be played on a computer and a computer alone. However, that being said because of the limited number of high quality games PS3 has allowed me to experiment with games I would not typically play. Like Sigma. I would never buy a game like that had there been a huge market of strong games and I did cause it was a game that I thought Id give a try while I wait for other games more to my liking.

Now part 2 of this is that yes many of these games out on PS3 are also out for 360. But that shouldn't take away from what PS3 has to offer. Most of the games are rated pretty equal except from the IGN website. They have always put PS3 down though compared to other systems. What I am referring to in the PS3 is worth the purchase is if you don't yet have a system, and are enticed by the first wave of price drops by both systems, the PS3 does have lots to offer.

Which brings me to point 3. The PS3 does have a blu-ray player and yes I know not everyone is on the next gen band wagon yet, but the PS3 is the cheapest blu-ray player on the market and does allow for next gen movie watching. This is and shouldn't be the main selling point, but at the current price you are getting a system that has games out that are playable and fun, has a great set of upcoming titles and you can play next gen movies on it.

Now does these 3 points make it the perfect system, no way in deed. But i am saying that there are qualities that make it purchasable. If not now, definitely if the price drops again.

As for the reasoning behind some games coming out later for ps3 could be to the fact that the images in the ps3 games can be made into larger files since there can be 25Gigs of stored information rather then 4.7 Gigs on the 360. The conversions and production of these files probably take more time then conventional DVD style graphics. Plus if the games are being designed from scratch and with PS3 being relatively new technology it seems only reasonable at this point that games might be released slightly later. That in mind is it acceptable, probably not, but does possibly explain the delay. Plus I do knew that a few of the titles did come with extra content when they were delayed on release, not saying it will happen with all of the games, but they might.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02205 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,906KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end