View Single Post
Old Nov 25th, 2004, 11:46 AM   #2
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
Okay, I'll do my best to answer as many of these as I can. These are just my interpretations though, so some of it may be incorrect.

1/Not completely positive who the Director is . . . which really baffled me because they put some very dramatic music on when he referred to the other person on the phone as such. Director of the CIA perhaps, though?

2/The Boss' son was born during her work with the Cobras in Normandy during World War II. That would mean he was born in 1945 so he'd be 19 in Snake Eater and around 60ish during MGS2 I believe. Since The Boss' son was considered one of the blood-related Philosophers (due to The Boss as a Philosopher's tool) he would most likely be ADAM/Ocelot. This is really hard to explain but I believe the game was getting at that.

3/The significance of Raiden in Sons of Liberty is that he is a return of the "ultimate soldier" working for the Patriot purpose. The very first Philosopher's tool is The Boss. When Naked Snake kills her and realizes he has fallen right into the Philosopher's hands as their new pawn he inherits the title of Big Boss as given by President Johnson at the end. The "Les Enfants Terrible" project is started by the Patriots as insurance for a continuing soldier after Big Boss' death. Solidus, Liquid and Solid are the three clones that survive. Solidus is made President, Solid was taken in as the soldier successor and Liquid was used for nothing. Solid Snake kills Big Boss and assumes the role as Patriot tool. He kills Liquid and then begins to understand his role. Ocelot and Solid are sent to the Marine Tanker and Solid's supposed death allows him to hide from the Patriots. He goes undercover. Solidus arises as a new threat to the Patriots. He knows that he is little more than a tool and seeks to eliminate them to create freedom for the world. By now the Patriots have begun to understand that if they control media, they no longer need to rely on soldiers to keep their power. Just the same, to deal with Solidus they send in Raiden who undergoes a simulation to make him as good of a soldier with the same type of relationships as Solid. This works successfully but Solid Snake shows up and wrecks their plans. Raiden is essentially nothing more than another effort for the Patriots to have a super-soldier that can work in their favour while starting reliance on the GW system is put into place.

4/Big Boss' Outer Heaven was a reaction to seeing more Patriot interest put into Solidus than Solid. He sees the phasing out of the soldier as a necessity to them and reacts with the military state he wants to create in the uprising. This doesn't make much sense, however, because Big Boss' wasn't exactly enthusiastic about his role as a violent pawn for the Patriots at the end of Snake Eater. It could be possible that his mind shifts into acceptance of his place now and possible enthusiasm toward that way of life.

Long winded and probably lacking in clarity . . . but that's all I've got for now. 'Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by Reid; Nov 25th, 2004 at 11:53 AM..
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03686 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,890KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo