View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 10:57 PM   #3
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
Gankutsuou (sci-fi, drama, action, mecha) - it's not that good if you read the book The Count of Montecristo, since it changes the perfect original a lot, especially in spirit, but if you don't know the book, this show is great. the style could result annoying to some people though...
I wanted to know some information on this series a long time ago when I posted it out, but no one knew much about it. I only knew it was about the Count of Monte Cristo and that it was, obviously, not faithful to the story. I still haven't seen it, but I would like to...the style seems very unique and interesting to me.

Anyway, I don't have much recommendations because I'm burning out on animes, but here are 3:

1) Gun X Sword (or GUNxSWORD, many variations): I haven't seen this because it doesn't seem that good to me but I think it's filled with lots of action and humor. I think it's about this guy wields this gun-sword-like weapon (hence the title) who is seeking revenge for the murder of his wife/fiancee. Along the way, he meets a young girl named Wendy, who is out searching for her brother (or something like that). The guy is dressed in cowboy gear-ish gear, the setting is supposed to be somewhere out in the west, I guess it's similar to Trigun except, uh, maybe not as good. Check it out if you'd like.

2) Blood+: This is supposed to be the TV series from that original movie "Blood: The Last Vampire." Again, I have not seen this (nor the movie) so I'm not sure if it follows the main character's from the movie's storyline/background or not. There probably is a lot of CG-ish animation, but the style actually does look nice and well-rounded. If you're into vampires (seeing Hellsing on your list, hehe), you might like this.

3) Trinity Blood: Another vampire series. I've seen about 2-3 episodes and I actually lost interest in it, despite my adoration for vampire anime. But, it might be good for you. There are action elements, some humor, the main character, Abel, is a cross between Alucard from Hellsing and Vash from Trigun. There seems to be a lot of "Vash" spawns in animes nowadays, so if you're not really into the "goofy-but-uber-skilled" characters, then maybe this one isn't for you. The story is a bit confusing at first, but I think it might spread out clearer as the story moves on.

EDIT: Whoops, here's a fourth one I forgot to mention:

4) Mushishi: Not sure if there's lots of action in this, but I think it could be more of a drama series with supernatural elements. It could be a slow-paced series (like "Witch Hunter Robin" maybe) so you may not like it, but you can give it a try. I only know briefly about it, so check out this link to find out more.

I hope this helps a little.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Jan 14th, 2006 at 11:03 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04922 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,920KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo