View Single Post
Old Sep 8th, 2002, 10:55 AM   #9
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Talking check out tis review i stumbled apon

Quote:

Damn you Acclaim, damn you and all of your employees to hell. This was sposed to be the rebirth of the Turok franchise and what do we get? An N64 game with Xbox graphics.
I'm not an expert on dinosaurs or anything but they did require there brains to function yes? It's just that on the first level i was shooting a Stegosaurus in the head and erm it just ignored me and carried on eating. Then i tried clubbing it and it ignored me. They don't have those huge spikes on there tales for decoration!

Same goes for the Brachiosaurus. Dinosaurs aren't invincible! I'd heard about the animals and thought wow cool. But they may as well have not been there as they serve no purpose. Only the meat-eaters who attack you do, and they are even worse.

Ok i'm not too far into the game but erm i was led to beleive that Velocoraptors were fast, i can out run one backwords. It also seems they can damage me with a bite when they aren't next to me.

You can't pick up the enemy rifles, even though they just look like AK-47's so surely Turok could pick them up.

Now the dino-humanoid creatures have weird A.I as sometimes they offer a challenge while at others they won't even notice that there friend who was standing in front of them has just lost his head and collapsed.

Another instance in the first level was where the stupid dino-humanoid guys came out into the Stego area and they proceeded to jump in the lake and shoot the Triceratops. Well i snuck up behind them and fired my bow and arrow. They turned shot at me for a while before returning to shooting the Tricaeratops who was posing no threat to them. What are they goldfish!

Now onto the levels. Any one who has played that other certain FPS on Xbox will notice how small they are. I mean in Halo you could drive the Warthog for ages around huge land scapes. I mean the second level is beyond huge in Halo. Let's just say that if Master Chief were to land here he could drive across the first level in 30 secs flat, before being treated to a loading screen. Can't anyone else use the loading system of Halo?

Next is the levels worst feature, invisible walls! It's stupid to allow you to walk through really thick foliage and then block your path with it on the outskirts of the level. I mean If it's sposed to be a wall, put a frickin wall in there, don't try and trick us for we are smarter than that.

Another thing i noticed is that it won't let you change weapon when you're being attacked. Now if i'm changing weapon it's for a reason. With this however you press Y, the weapon starts to go down but oh no you've just been bitten by a monkey so up comes the same weapon.

I couldn't shoot a parrot from behind, but i could from the front?

However the multiplayer seems good. It would be excellent if it wasn't for the H word. Only 4 player split screen? Lame Acclaim, seriously 16 player Halo is just a wee bit better. If you don't have access to lot's of friends with Xbox's and only play 4 player then Turok's is really good. However Unreal is out soon and that's all about the multiplayer.

Please don't buy this game without renting first. Everytime you do, a fairy dies.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.06047 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,906KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo