View Single Post
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #16
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
There's a distinct difference between me lacking proof and you failing to read it, or where it is unsaid for reasons of blinding obviousness, failing to recognise it.
Well gee, maybe because it is my own belief that the conspiracy that you are speaking of doesn't exist which is probably why I can't see/recognize the proof, right? So for people like me who don't "see it", that's why you have to present it if you have a valid reason that you want people to see. It's like those people who love their pop idols...those idols display some of the stupidest behaviors, but since the fans can't "see it" because they're fans, they don't see it. I'm not saying that I'm a fan of Goro Miyazaki, but I just can't see it anyway even if I do hate or like him. So, if you show it to me, I might change my mind since I have the proof. However, if your proof is based on your own assumptions anyway, then that's not going to change my mind since it's still proof based on your opinions. And BTW, I don't want to hear anything stupid or childish like "Well if you don't see the proof then you don't deserve to have it explained to you" or "You're too much of a dumbass for it to be explained to" or anything like that.

Quote:
Care to counter my arguement rather tham just insult me? Because that's all I see here.
Wow, why is it that everytime someone insults someone else and I insult them back, it's like I'm the first to attack them? I only said to you to stop acting so high and mighty only because you said that:

Quote:
Anyone trying to find a single other logical reason for his employment will fall flat on their face.
You believe you are so right on this matter that anyone else who begs to differ will most definitely fail in finding a reason opposite of yours. Which is why I told you to just calm down because people can have a different outlook than you, so there's no need to act high and mighty and feel as if your reasoning is absolute and everyone must follow/listen to it.

Quote:
So, who's the fanboy now then?
No, this is not fanboyism. I had stated earlier above that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
My expectations are neutral...I'll just watch it with an open mind and see how I feel.
If I were truly a fanboy then I would've said that: "Gedo is an uber-awesome film, even though I haven't seen it, and Goro Miyazaki is a hero and he's like the greatest director on the planet!!! He soooooo has his father's talent! Yeah! WOOT!" *takes a moment to breathe*

But I didn't. Why? Because I don't know how the film is going to be and I don't know if Goro is a good or bad director. For all I know, he could make one of the worst films in Ghibli history, but I won't know that until I see the damn film. I'm only arguing with you now because I just think it's unfair for you to accuse Goro of being a sellout when you don't have the proof (or since I don't see the proof yet). Am I actually really displaying signs of fanboyism just because I don't see the immoral acts you're accusing of? Or am I really a fanboy just because I believe in fair judgment? Or am I really a fanboy just because I have a little faith and think people deserve a chance and we shouldn't be so suspicious of their employment, regardless of their surname, middle name, secret name, or what have you?

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Aug 30th, 2006 at 08:34 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03891 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,929KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo