Thread: XenoSaga!!
View Single Post
Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:24 AM   #32
Hadoken

Hadoken is on a distinguished road
kewl, thanks for the links and pics.
i think that site`s server was down for a few days, so it wasnt working before. Its ok now though.
But did you hear yet? They might have to tone down this game for the US version. I think that seriously sucks.
I hope ESRB just slaps on the mature rating for it and doesnt tone it down and put on a teen rating.
This game has some violent scenes in it. and from the pic of the box you showed in your post, it looks like it has some sort of warning on it. the same warning i saw on the resident evil and silent hill games.
This is one of the reasons I hate that damn parents board. They always make the developers tone down the game if its too violent or has any adult scenes.

*spoilers*
The game contains a scene where the character albedo rummages around the inside of the character M.O.M.O., looking for something left by her creator. It is after she is exposed to some kind of a light source. Albeddo dives his arm elbow deep into her body through her chest/stomach area. They are both clothed. M.O.M.O. is lying on his lap. Albeddo taunts her in the process and she does squeal in pain. M.O.M.O. is not human, so she is rescued unharmed. If your wondering how he can do that, its because he has some sort of strange power where he can make his arm like liquid and go into her body.

That scene may sound sick and very gruesome to you, but its there not to show that albeddo is some sort of pedophile, but to show that he`s more of a sadistic person who enjoys inflicting pain on others and to himself as well. there is another scene where albeddo rips off the arm of a M.O.M.O. clone, and then rips off his own arm to show that he can regenerate.
a friend of mine who has the game says he thought that scene was more disturbing than the one where he looks through M.O.M.O., which people call a somewhat "sexual" scene. That will most likely be toned down if not completely taken off the US version. Albeddo does rummage/fondle around her stomach area for around 10 minutes.
That scene i`m ok with them toning down a bit, but with other scenes and the violence. well, that just wouldnt be right. I want the game to be as much intact as it was with the japanese version. except with english in it. Thats why I hope ESRB just puts on a mature rating.
Hadoken is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02355 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,887KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo