View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:07 PM   #12
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
I agree with what kupoartist and meryl have said here; I am absolutely excited about this game exactly for the reasons causing Meryl's fears.
Hm...can sadness and fear really be linked together? Because I only said I was saddened by what I saw in the trailer, not fear....perhaps it was my bad way of explaining that's causing all this confusion?

Oh, and I forgot to mention this in my eariler post, but
Spoiler: show
another thing that makes me sad for Snake is his opening dialogue...when he is describing how war has changed and war is now routine...this, to me, makes me depressed for him because Snake, as a soldier who only knows fighting and war, seeing that war is now controlled where there is no freewill and personal belief/moral of right and wrong, this may be the worst and most saddening thing for Snake, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
P.S. You can find a streaming version of the trailer on https://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2006/
It wasn't exactly "streaming" on my behalf, so I had to find the trailer somewhere else. But, after watching it (which also was amazing) there's a lot of things I want to say:

Spoiler: show
- That Kojima. What a kidder. The tagline of "No place to hide" I actually took literally...but he meant it technically and literally (also, if you check out the screenshots on the website, the label on the box actually says "No place for Hideo", lol). The fact that Snake can camouflage himself using his new advanced suit poses a lot of questions. Such as: can he use this ability as many times as he wants? If there is a limit, would it be indicated by a bar or something else? How would it work...would it be almost like MGS3, where you go to the menu to "blend in" then back to realtime? What type of backgrounds or patterns would he be able to camouflage in with...are there specific ones he can or cannot do? From the trailer, it seems he has the ability to mesh with whatever pattern is near him (the watermelon). Would this make the game harder or easier?

- I have somewhat a crazy, crazy theory that I wonder if Kojima would do. He does like a lot of plot twists and all, so I only wonder (please don't take what I say literally, it's only a crazy theory): What if the old man we see as Snake really isn't Snake, but Big Boss? I don't know how but I mean, in Kojima's world, it could be possible. The only reason why I say this is because of the preliminary character sketches...there was a young Snake and then an old man with the eyepatch...which we all presumed was Big Boss. If the old man with the eyepatch is really Solid Snake, then why did they bother drawing up the younger Snake? Also, who was Snake visiting in the graveyard? From the flowers seen around, it looked possible it could've been The Boss' grave...but is that possible?

- Seeing the new trailer, it seems that the little robot Mark II or whatever, isn't going to be in the game. Unless it is, but I honestly don't see how it can be helpful to Snake, especially in such a hectic battlefield. And speaking of the battlefield, I wonder if the game would feature such a hazardous enviroment, filled with soldiers and civilians? This would make the game much more different than the previous games, which involved a lot of stealth and sneaking around enemies. I wonder if this would be better or worse?

- The new Metal Gears look really challenging. I wonder if they'll be able to emit certain sounds...because from the trailer, one of them sounded like...well, a goat. And the other, I think, made a little tsk, tsk noise to alert Snake.

Okay, sorry for the long post, but those are the only questions/things I have to say for now. I had more, but I have to watch the trailer again.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03222 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,936KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start