View Single Post
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 03:19 AM   #16
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
I just want to make myself clear. Hylas and Cannibal Clown, you are using a completely different definition of the word sensitive. Maybe it is true that it has more than one definition, but the one I speak of does not retain these awful qualities.

I know of people like the one's you speak of, but I happen to use a different word or words for them.

Everybody's got their own shit. It sounds like you, Hylas, even have shit of your own that makes you so angry. That is not an insult. You are human and we all have our things to deal with. I hope you have an easier time in the future dealing with the people that bother you.

I don't understand how the word "sensitive" got so demonized here. There are different kinds of sensitivity you know.

This is actually a big argument between couples and i think i see more of why it's so confusing now. SO many women say to their man "I wish you could be more sensitive." Then the guy thinks. "Sensitive? Are you kidding me I'm not going to be some whiney punk who gets all emotional to end up with what he wants!"
Obviously, that's not the kind of sensitive the woman is talking about. Women want their men to be strong, but they also want them to be empathetic. (spelling?)

Empathetic ...that's the word. It's a synonym for my meaning of the word sensitive. Understanding others feelings and being in touch with your own.

People who are sensitive in the sense that they are hurt too easily is a differnt meaning. And I would also like to say that if a person like that uses this to their advantage, that is a seperate personality trait from sensitive. That is why you can have overly sensitive people who are not whiney jerks looking for attention.

Does any of this make sense? I offer my opinion on this matter in hopes that people will learn to get along better with more people. I don't know who I think I am all the time, actually. I just like to see people being more excepting of eachother. Is this a bad thing? No.

PEACE

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02673 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,893KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo