View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2002, 12:08 PM   #7
Esjay
::Viewtiful::

Esjay is on a distinguished road
Here is Chapter 4

Chapter 4:Hauntings of the Past
Snake could feel Devil's katana being pressed almost gently upon his neck. He tilted his head downward, looking at the ground below him. Drips of sweat began to run down the front of his face and onto the floor. He could feel the blade's pressure on his skin increasing. This was the end for him, no doubt about it...

Just as the blade penetrated his skin, a gunshot could be heard, coming from the northern area of the warehouse. The bullet shot through the air, coming towards White Devil. The bullet almost hit it's mark, grazing the Ninja's arm, causing him to hastily take the katana off of Snake's neck. Snake quickly sprung to his feet, delivering three hasty blows to Devil's face, followed by a lightning-fast kick to his chest, sending him to the floor. The Ninja got up slowly, with the bleeding Snake looking down upon him. Devil clutched his wound and fell limp.

"Snake....you may have won this battle...but I am far from finished with you my friend..."

Devil dashed off into the darkness behind him, fading away from Snake's sight.

Snake turned around, walking towards where the gunshot had come from. He kept his Socom held in his hands, fully loaded. He walked slowly past the giant crates, and came up to a dark figure, one that he could not make out in the darkness. When it caught sight of Snake, it slowly backed away from him, eventually breaking out into a frantic run for the next room.

Snake quickly followed the dark shadow into the next room.

He opened the door and slowly walked foward, keeping his Socom held out in front of him. He was inside of what seemed to be an office of some sort, with marble floors and beautifully a beautifully decorated interior. He didn't expect to see something like this in an underground housing for the new Metal Gear. But before he could take another step foward, he heard the sound of a gun's magazine clicking. He could feel the presence of something to his side. He quickly turned to his right, holding his gun in front of him.

"David?..." A feminine sounding voice called out.

Snake instantly recognized the voice that called his name.Nobody but 'her' knew his real name.... He knew that voice anywhere...it wasn't the type of voice that he was able to forget. He lowered his weapon.

"Meryl?..." He asked.

The red-headed girl stepped out from the shadows that kept her hidden and now could be seen completely. She was wearing the same black tank-top and green pants that she had worn on Snake and Meryl's first...and what was thought to be last, mission.

"Meryl...what are you doing here?" Snake hastily asked, turning around, unable to look at the woman for some reason.

Meryl looked surprised. She walked over to Snake and put her hand on his shoulder.

"David...it's been almost three years...aren't you concerned? Don't you want to know what happened?..." Meryl said sympathetically.

Snake nudged Meryl's hand off of his shoulder.

"Not really..." He replied coldly, turning around, walking around Meryl, making sure not to make eye contact with her. He then started looking for another door in the room that may lead to Metal Gear.

"David...." Meryl said.

Snake turned towards Meryl, and this time he looked her straight in the eye.

"Don't call me that...it's not my name..." He hastily resumed scanning the room.

Meryl walked over to him again, this time standing on his right side.

"Snake...don't blame yourself for what happened. You couldn't do anything...it wasn't your fault."

Snake tilted his head, looking at the ground.

"Exactly, I didn't do anything!!....I should have done something...it's all of my fault...all of it...the people who took you away...I'm no better than they were...hell....I'm worse...if only I hadn't been so weak..." Snake said as he continued to stare at the floor.

Meryl grabbed Snake's hand

"David, listen to me. There was nothing that anybody could've done...he was just too strong...I knew...I knew that they were going to take me away from the start...I knew you'd try and stop them, but....I also knew that you wouldn't be able to save me...."

Snake's mind raced back to the very night that he had lost the only person he loved...

After the Shadow Moses Incident, Snake and Merly moved away from Alaska, leaving all of their painful memories behind. They moved to Europe, and lived a happy life together for several months. All until that one night that changed everything.

A dark figure stood in front of a fairly large house, with a radio in his left hand, and a knife in the other. He looked up at the house's roof, and leaped high into the air, landing perfectly on the roof. He activated his radio.

"Yes...the girl is here...."

"That is correct...Snake is with her...."

"You want me to kill them both?..."

"Just Snake then...."

"What about the girl?..."

"I see...yes...of course...."

He walked along the roof until he came to a window that was at the back of the house. He jumped down to the edge of the roof and hung off, staring into the window, trying to make out what was inside.

It was Snake and Meryl, sleeping peacefully in each other's arms. Hanging on the wall behind them was a tattered and torn dark blue bandanna. The rest of the room was fairly empty.

The dark figure swung foward, his legs almost shattering the glass of the window. He quietly used his knife to cut through the thin glass precisely, and then let the glass fall down onto the ground below him as he snuck into the house. He picked up the red haired girl and leaned over Snake, his knife now pressed against Snake's throat. But before he could apply pressure to the sleeping Snake, Meryl's eyes slowly opened. It took her a few moments to realize what was going on, but when she did, she tried as hard as she could to free herself from this dark figure's grip.

"DAVID!!!!!" She screamed as Snake quickly shot up, seeing a knife right below his chin, he slowly moved back down.

"Yes...that's right...do not worry Snake...she will be in good hands....although I cannot say the same for you.

Snake quickly sprung foward, grabbing the knife's handle. The dark figure quickly threw Snake's hand off of the knife and he then held Meryl at knifepoint, slowly backing away.

"Make one more move and you'll have quite a mess to clean up...." The figure said with an evil smile.

"Snake...I was sent here with orders to kill you and take the girl...but....I think I will spare your life in exchange for the girl's....take a good look at her...you won't be seeing her again..."

The figure jumped out of the window, running down the side of the house with lightning-fast agility and speed.

Snake ran over to the window, watching helplessly as his love slowly faded from his sight. Snake fell to his kness and covered his face with his hands.

"What.......what have I done?....Meryl...I'm so sorry...please forgive me...."

Snake looked at Meryl, now aware that the woman that he loved was standing right in front of him...

"Meryl....what...happened to you?.."

"They kept me at a 'prison'. They had already known that you had told me everything. They were going to keep me there for the rest of my life....but...after I made several attempted escapes, they decided to simply execute me...they figured it would be the best way to solve the problem. I made one last attempt to escape...and it was sucessful. I tried to find you David...I managed to get back to Europe...but you weren't there...I searched all over for you...and then...just recently, I found out about you and Otacon forming that 'Philanthropy' group. I figured that since you were after every Metal Gear on the planet, if I managed to find a Metal Gear...I'd find you. And here you are." Meryl said as she out her arms around Snake, burying her head in his chest.

"David....I still love you...I always will...what happened back then...it doesn't matter anymore...I don't blame you for it...I love you, David"

She noticed the wound on the back of his neck.

"David......you're hurt........" She said as looked into his eyes.

"M...Meryl...." Snake was speechless at this point. The one person that he had lost and though would never see again was right here in his arms. He wanted right there and then to forget the mission and get out of there with Meryl and start yet another new life together.

Snake leaned in to kiss Meryl, but before he could, his codec rang.

("Damn it...") He thought.

He answered the codec call.

It was Raiden.

"Snake...you won't believe what I just found...."
Esjay is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.05355 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,924KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST