View Single Post
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 11:21 AM   #1
FATT47
Ridin Low

FATT47 is on a distinguished road
GT4, I just can't get excited, I.........

came to that conclusion a couple of weeks ago after playin GT3 again for a few days.
I realize that GT3 is two years old now and it was cool havin that game at the time when there wasn't many good racin games out there much, but, I had forgotten just how arcadish the game really was, the bouncin off the walls no damage go as fast as ya can with no racin strategy what so ever just doesn't get it any more IMO, I've grown to use to and enjoyin a game like ToCA, now that's as close to real racin as a video game has gotten IMO

With the scenarios I've mentioned regardin the GT games if ya lose a little time slidin on a wall the other cars are or shouldn't at least be catchable, if they are catchable then the game is really goin to be bogus because race cars that are as equal speed wise and handlin wise as the cars in GT4 will never be caught if they get a good lead.

What I see in this new game is pretty much the same ole sameo, no in race plannin in regard to tire wear, no worry of minor or severe body damage to affect you or the other cars and it just seems like it'll get pretty borin pretty fast IMO.
Playin the GT3 game again brought back the opinions I had a couple of years ago that the GT series is a great lookin creation, but it's nothin more then a glorified arcade game.

Ok, all that bein said, I do think the new GT4 game will be better in respect to the overall looks of the game, the cars will look awesome more awesome then before, the tracks will look better, the number of cars available will be more, the car tweakin ability will undoubtedly be better but, the game IMO will still be an arcade atmosphere type of game because it has no damage feature which takes away the reality and the ability to plan race strategy.
Nether words it'll be a game of see how fast ya can go with nothin else much bein a factor.

Those issues along with GT4 not bein online as far as I know to this point puts this game way at the bottom of my racin games list, but, that's just my opinion, I'm sure tons of gamers will enjoy it.
Now at this time I think it's better that GT4 wont be online because it would not be a fun game online with no damage feature, maybe in another year or two when the PS3 hits the shelves the GT folks will give us an awesome racer with the unveiling of GT5 Online with a realistic damage feature feature.
At least give us the option of turnin on and off a damage feature.
FATT47 is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02552 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,883KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo