View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2002, 12:54 AM   #18
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

KraftSLU is on a distinguished road
Heh, since you listed all your reasons for buying a ps2, I guess I will list all of my reasons for buying a gamecube:

1. I am looking for fast online play: All of the systems are offering online play, but only XBox is exclusive to broadband. Yeah, I realized a lot of people have modems, but if having less people online means i get no lag then so be it. Guess it will be for the 'hardcore' online gamer then

2. I am looking for a system with great fps games going online: Does PS2 even have a good fps? I know gamecube has metroid prime, though its not online. GC and PS2 will get splinter cell a half year after I get it. Anyways, I am going to have halo 2, brute force, splinter cell, unreal championship and counterstrike to keep me amused

3. I want a console with innovation and power so I know it won't burn out in a hurry: XBox all the way, statistically and in real life, only the gamecube can compete with it. Its pushed out 15 mps and so has the cube, all in the first half a year... I can't even think of a ps2 game thats done that. Also, built in hard drive is the coolest thing ever. I can rip songs and create my own soundtracks for games... brilliant idea

4. I want a system that is fun to play with friends: with 4 control ports and games with LAN capabilities. This makes for awesome lan parties if you want. People whine about it being a 'huge console'... Its 8 pounds. If you can't lift 8 pounds and put it in the backpack then you need to put the controller down and go to the gym.

5. I want a future lineup of games that appeals to me: Just off the top of my head, Halo 2, amped 2, brute force, Tao Feng, MK5, Blinx, Fable (was project ego), phantasy star online 2, tony hawk 4, toejam and earl 3, ninja gaiden, shenmue 2, crimson skies, medal of honor, star wars: kotor, unreal, nfl fever 2003, etc. etc.

6. I want a system that I know will survive: [i]Nintendo has been going downhill ever since they released the virtual boy. The N64 didn't do what they wanted it to. Gamecube seems to be faring a bit better though. Without a doubt nintendo is not near the force they used to be. I worry about sony because they seem to be losing a lot of exclusive titles, How did they let GTA3 slip to PC and XBox? And Metal gear? Crash bandicoot? Toejam and earl? Though they do have some exclusives now it is not near what it used to be. Im pretty sure when you size them up the XBox and GC have the most exclusive titles, PS coming in 2nd as of now.

Eh, these are some of the reasons I got a box. not saying a ps2 or a gc is a bad idea, just not what appealed to me. I also like fruity pebbles cereal and wear adidas if anyone cares about those name brands

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.16540 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,889KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below