View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #11
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Now I know Im a teacher and maybe this is why this bothers me, but really to open with a line of Sony can F off right now, just turns me away from reading. This is a great discussional topic that in my mind doesnt need to be ruined by the introductions of harsh language. Now that my teacher side of me has left the conversation let me add something to what Harry said.

Xbox 360 was a machine that I seriously considered picking up. Admittedly the idea of a next gen system in my living room made me really want to buy one. Shortly after launch and ebays double price extravaganza, I went to a store with the full ententions of getting one. The problem I had was the lack of games that screamed out "Pick Me".

Everyone knows I am a big sports fan and Harry, this is what i want to add to yous. You said its a good if your into sports games...but Harry did you play the launch title sports games. Every EA title was slashed in such a way that it made my NBA LIVE 2001 for PS2 cry. Tiger Woods cut many courses out of the game. NBA Live had an AI system that looked like EA fell asleep in 2006 and some how woke up in 1999. Not to mention the lack of indepth season/franchias modes in those and other games like Madden.

Now with that said, out comes the 2007 line up. Madden 07 seems to be a solid hit across all system releases. Now this is only personal but after playing Madden for PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360, I have to say the one that dissapoints me out of the 3 games is the 360 version. On original Xbox, the controls are solid, well laid out and comfortable. However on the 360, they seem to be all over the place. I truely had to relearn a game that I absolutely love to play, and for the first time in a long time the "basic" controlls, furstrated me to no end. Now I am more then sure you could map out your own controls, but the thing I love about sports games is that year after year I can open the packed put in the game and play a quick exabition or preseason game using quick play and get a instant feel of the new look and get excited. Xbox 360 Madden 07 didnt allow me to do that as I had to reach for the manual after the first quarter, essentially taking away the best thing of sports games in my opinion.

Now I am not saying all of Xbox 360 games are crap, not by any means. But as Dan said about how almost 2 christmas have passed since the 360 was released giving them the edge. However what has nearly 2 years brought us in games and experience? I myself can't see spending the money to pick it up for less then a handful of games that interest me. Especially when most of those I can get on a system I already own. Tomb Raider is a great example. Ok game, but better graphics for the same game play, not a huge factor in my mind. So far renting a system for a weekend here and there has allowed me to enjoy most of those games to their full extent.

Finally, I am not saying that the PS3 will release and not do the same thing, but only 6 months after realease I can see about 10 quality games I am looking forward to and by next Christmas (baring any delays in 3rd party software) I can easily see myself with a 20 game collection. So for a 2 year advance on a now delayed PS3 release, what has Xbox 360 really given me. Nothing I can't get on a PC and nothing I can't wait a short time for on the PS3. NOTE" Meaning nothing I need to open up my wallet for to get an entire system and that game.

Also note in Canada, Xbox 360 run at $500 for a new high end Xbox. The high end PS3 will be $650. Whats another $150 for me? Granted thats not the same in all countries especially USA, but for me, I can't see myself getting a 360 for that price unless Sony announces a delay in Canada too.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.11258 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,914KB
  • Queries Executed 10 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end