View Single Post
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 06:00 AM   #15
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Oo... Triple post, beat that .

Ninja Scroll - Saw it on the Sci-Fi channel day before yesterday. I've forgotten how good this movie was. Even while it's edited, it was still good. Majority of the cussing has been taken out, and of course the nudity and sex/rape was taken out as well, but the gore remained in tact. Not that I really have anything against sex or anything, but I do feel that it was better without it. But that's just me though. (Simple-minded and just looking for action as usual ) The animation is really good even if it is old. A lot of the characters need some work on the face though. The dub is also pretty good, but my main issue with it is Jubei's voice. He just sound.. "bleh". One moment he sounds boring and the next he sounds phony.

Last Exile - I found this by coming across the AZN channel. While I can't say much about the story, because I'm pretty lost. What draws me into this one is the animation, which is hawt btw. Perhaps on par with or even better than Ghost in the Shell: SAC. (That says a lot because I consider GitS to have the best animation.) Alot of times I consider Gonzo to have inconsistent animation, because of how some of their characters look really good in one episode, and then the next one or two episodes they look hideous. But I've only seen about three or four episodes, and it seems pretty consistent so far. Just to nitpick a little bit. For this to be a futuristic anime, you'd think their aircrafts would look more futuristic. Them jet planes or whatever they're suppose to be looks more old school-ish than futuristic.

Read or Die OVA - Another one that I managed to catch on the sci-fi channel. This one was interesting, but at the same time a little bit on the annoying side. The paper agent woman, the way she used paper as a weapon, and other stuff was very intriguing, and the character herself ranged from interesting to annoying. (She's pretty much my only problem with this one.) After taking care of whatever, and asking for the book back had me chuckle a couple of times, but then it got annoying. She's not a bad character, just one of those naive ditz that can get on my nerves very quickly. (Much like Misa in Death Note) The animation was also great, too. Does the series look as good as it's OVA counterpart, because I may check it out one day?

That's it for now. The next thing I'll be checking out is Hellsing Ultimate. (Starts airing on Starz Edge on the 12th.)
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02781 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,905KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo