View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #26
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
LOL Harry. This is actually travel season to go see Polar Bears too. But just to stop the rediculus imaginations of some people in this world, I dont live in an ingloo, and its not snow 12 months a year. Infact we have no snow on the ground right now. That been said, its still cold and will get colder.

Now onto other news.

I am about 95% done my review of Tiger Woods, and I picked up NHL 2K7 as a rental today so I will get into that one tomorrow. Since I don't want to give you to much detail and allow you to do some reading I will just tell you that until you get to read the review please go out and try Tiger Woods.

I finally got around to putting Tony Hawk Project 8 into my machine. I must tell you that if you enjoyed any of the other Tony Hawks then you will enjoy this one too. I will come out and say that the simularities are both good and bad, but with inclusion of a few new things (like a trick mode where the camera zooms into your feet and you use the analog sticks as your left and right foot to kick the board) it does make the game enjoyable.

The problems are its the same game with huge combos and unrealistic lines to collect points and earn reputation, to be apart of Tony Hawks new Project 8. I was hoping for more of a simulation experience then a arcade style of the past, so im a we bit disapointed, but I have yet to really get into it to much to say its good bad or otherwise. What I will say is that my thumbs hurt. I believe this is from months of not playing consoles, and not really Tony Hawk related.

I have not spent to much more time with Marvel Alliance. Admittedly not my favourite game right now. Please dont read into it that its a bad game, its not that at all, its just not my style of game. I have never been a huge comic book reader and so its just not as appealing to me. Now that been said, I am impressed with the entire idea and concept of that game. There are many playable characters and something like 140 total characters (enemies and playable combined). I have no way to offically comfirm this other then websites, cause i think i have seen 12 so far. Im really not to far into the game.

Games aside I also watch Talladega Nights:The Ballad of Ricky Bobby on Blu-Ray. There were no special features or anything amazing on the disc itself, pretty much just the movie and a preview for movies to come. I watched the preview thing first, and noticed a difference in the picture quality. Now I don't have a HDTV where I am currently living, but have access to one, and I can honestly say the picture looked great on my TV, you could notice a difference even without the HD. As for the movie it self, its damn funny. I saw it in the theaters so I already knew its greatness and I enjoyed in during this new technology.

Finally, (for now) I also put in a burnt DVD (I promise nothing illegal) which the PS3 recognized right away as a DVD+R. It did not say what was on the movie or anything like that, but you hit the button to play and sure enough the movie played without any skipping or sound problems. And The picture looked good too. It doesn't improve the picture, like people hoped, but still I was impressed that I can watch burnt DVD's on it. I also tested 6 other retail DVD's and experienced no problems.

My only complaint right now is the learning curve of the system itself. I am not one for reading manuals. So please excuse me lazyness, but I knew the system could do certain things, but I found a couple things to be somewhat hard to figure out. Like when playing a game and returning to the PS3 menu, It says push the PS button, I push it and push it nothing, and then i decided to hold it and it felt like 10 seconds but if said quit game finally. More details on the PS3 itself in the near future, as well as some new game play details on some of the other new games.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02830 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,914KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end