View Single Post
Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:37 PM   #10
fantasywave
Banned Member

fantasywave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

Dude, what is your problem? All this post appears to be is nothing more than an attempt to rile on-line PS2 owners...

If you wanna get into the merits of on-line gaming, my PC set-up (600kb broadband, P4/2.4Ghz, GeForce 4 Ti) would make a mockery of anything XBox Live can throw at me.

Each on-line system has it's own merits, as well as disadvantages - please bear that in mind before you post something that is nothing more than a rip on PS2...

I hope to God to you don't turn out to be another Funky Monk - I'd hate for you to end up looking foolish and then finding yourself banned....

- S
So you picked all "B"s, too?

-P4 doesn't mean anything in gaming cuz you don't need that frickin' crazy speed to run a game. You say that you have 600kbit BB. In fact, Xbox Live!'s standard BB is 1Mbit, 100Mbit max, so it's better than your what you called "computer" system already. In fact, GeForce 4 is not even a good video card. Let me tell you more. Xbox has the technology called "pixel shading" which GeForce 4 doesn't even have. In fact, there are 5000+ players on Xbox Live! JUST for Unreal Champ. So imagine, adding up all those Xbox Live! games' players would be 70,000+...PC online gamers are only around 6000-8000. In fact, I am not mocking the PS2 system, I owned more PS2 online games than Xbox. I am just telling the truth. In fact, I know that Funky Monk guy you talked about, he's an Xbox Addict forumer. It's foolish to compare PC with Xbox cuz Xbox costs only $199 and what you get was Pentium III, DVD rom, ethernet port, 4 usb ports, HDD, and geforce 4 + a tremendous sound device. While you have to pay 500 for P4, 300 for sound card, 120 for speakers, 2000 for monitor, 210 for motherboard, 99 for CD rom (slow shit), 20 for floppy, 560 for GeForce 4, etc.... That's a total of $3909!!! Wow, at least I don't have to pay that much money just to play online!! Also, it takes 3 min to operating a PC and 20min to install a game + 4 min to enter cd key and 3 min to log on. (total of 30min) While I just turn on the Xbox, 2 sec to put in a game, and 1 min to load, then 3 sec to login. (total of 1 min and 5sec) Spank, how's the brief comparison? You judge...

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02423 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,886KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below