View Single Post
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 07:37 PM   #4
PerfectD1184

PerfectD1184 is on a distinguished road
Chapter 2

Walking into a new town, Miru goat curious as to what was going on and asked her friend "Hey, what are we doing again?" Never looking back, Mizuno replied in an irritated way, "You’re an airhead, aren't you? Look, I’ll says it for the last time. I’m an assassin and I’m doing what all assassins do: K-I-L-L-I-N-G. Got that?"Miru nodded, looking at the ground as the continued on their journey. But as the day got dark, the stopped at a local inn, but before Miru could say anything she got an answer from Mizuno. "Well, lets stop here to get some beauty sleep. Need to be rested up for the big day. With that, they went in and went to sleep.

The next day, the girls were up and sitting at the table, enjoying a bowl of miso soup. Picking up their chopsticks, they began to eat, only to be bothered by a question. "Hey who is the guy were after? Have any info on him?" Miru stated, slurping up some of the soup. Mizuno, also taking some soup into her mouth, replied, "not much, but this is what I have heard so far. The man is known as 'unknown', for the fact that no one has even seen him before in person. Heard he's been in some rather unfavorable trades, and seems like my client wants this to stop." Downing the soup in her mouth, she looks at Miru, seeing if she had anything else to say, but nothing came.

Continuing on their way to the site, Miru got curious again and asked a rather surprising question. "Hey, Mizuno? Why do you do this? You must have a reason for all of this." Hearing this, Mizuno turned around and with out locking eyes, coldly replied, "Never ask me that question. Ever. You hear that?". And once more turned around and they continued on theist trip, only this time a dreadful silence lurks between them.

In front of the building, Miru was going to say something to ease the deafening silence, but someone beat her to it. A sound emanated from the other side of the wall. Motioning to Miru not to move Mizuno made her way up the wall and into a tree, to get a better view of the place. To her surprise, there was only one guard. "Heheh...Piece of cake" she said as she chuckled, waiting for an opportunity to advance. That chance came sooner than expected the guard turned his head to yawn. Taking no time, Mizuno lessened the distance between them, and in one fluent motion, removed the weight from atop his shoulders. Motioning Miru to move, she began to search the guard, looking for a way in.

As she came over, she was going to ask, but her question was answered when Mizuno withdrew from the corpse a ring of keys. Opening the door, the stench of rotting wood came forth as the creaking door added to the dread of the darkened room. The only thing the two girls could see, was an ornate door, inscribed with runic symbols, and imprinted over them, was a two headed dragon, the heads being Asmodee, dragon of darkness, and Satan, dragon of evil. Opening the door, the girls only found more shadows on the other side. Taking a couple steps in, the door slowly closed shut; an eerie rumble reverberated on the hollowed walls. Frowning, Mizuno turned on her heel and headed toward the door. But what surprised her was that the door was locked.

Realizing what had happened she turned around and said, "Damn, a trap! We've been set up!". The room was set a blaze, as a fire swept across the room, but what frightened the girls, was that flames were black. Then in the midst of the inferno, a figure appeared. Cloaked by the shadows, the only feature that could be seen was his right eye, which was set ablaze by fire. Then from the figure, came a chilling voice like that of a demon, as it said, "Welcome, Shadow Reaver. I do hope you like my house, I choose the theme myself, and don't mind the scripture of my master on the door you just came through, you're about to see him in person. If you want to leave out of this offer, I can find a more permanent solution." With that, the battle began.
PerfectD1184 is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03167 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,893KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo