View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #21
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
OK now there is somethign i didnt know, that being the part about how Xbox 360, although HD ready, doesn't allow for HD-DVD's to be played directly.

The comment was made about how the majority of the game lineup for the next generation of sony are remakes or next chapters in games although for the most part is correct, is also a main reason that excites me to get one asap. Playing games like the new MSG really has me wanting the system and the game right now. Like mentioned, the games is what makes the system, not the total number of systems sold.

Granted I too would like to see new games in the new generation, but what excites me the most is picking up familiarity and seeing it in its new formal wear. It makes the blood flow and the hairs stand on end.

Harry, and everyone else with more knowledge on this subject too, but I have read about (although didn't dig into it) that a large number of Xbox launch consoles have been failing. Is there any figures out there on the number of returned or exchanged or fixed machines? I only checked out a couple forums where it appeared that about 1 in 4 had to get their systems replaced.

"Many people to this day have functioning launch consoles. Then there's those that've had it replaced once. And those with lock-ups but not-quite-dead-yets. They you have guys like me, who are on thier fourth box."

I got this quote from an xbox website forum HERE

Now it would be interesting to see those numbers and compair it to the number of failing or failed PS3 machines over the same time period. Again, this is not bashing Microsoft, every console will have its hiccups at launch and every system has had its issues over time, but just an interesting tid bit.

Look we all know and understand that the delay sucks. There is not better word for it. But to down play what the system will offer simply cause its a few months later is not fair. Without the 360 release this delay wouldnt nearly be as publizied. The facts are that people want the PS3, and just can't wait for it. Those that want it will get it, those that don't want it, will complain about and those that don't care, will watch Simpsons Season 8 on DVD.

The Magic Is Coming!

Last edited by jjmoohead; Sep 13th, 2006 at 03:51 AM..
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03212 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,909KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo