Thread: E3 2009
View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 04:58 AM   #1
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
E3 2009

Even though the forums have, sadly, been rather slow, I'm sure most have caught E3. I decided to post this thread so everyone can share what games they're looking forward to or any other E3-related thoughts.

For me, I taped the first day of E3 via G4 (a very crappy channel that probably covered E3 very crappily but I prefer to see the coverage on TV rather than the net) so I skipped many of the games I didn't find interesting - mainly all the shooters and alien-takeovers like 99% that's on the market now and Rock Band or Rock Band influenced games *cough* Brutal Legend *cough* - and saw only Assassin's Creed 2...

...which kicked-a$$. Oh man, I really hope it turns out as awesome as it looks otherwise I'd be pretty disappointed. The shift towards the Renaissance is a smart move (still within history but more "modern"). I like how, like the first game, they'll incorporate some history in it such as the Medici family though my knowledge of the Renaissance is only so-so. The larger locations/districts (Tuscany, Venice, Florence) is very exciting, and the night environments(!) Playing the areas at night was one thing that was missing from the first game...it was so bizarre how it was daytime, well, all the time. I am a big "night" person so I was pretty excited to see how the game looks at night during an event such as Carnivale; it was really beautiful. I'm giddy!

Other things: the whole thing about Da Vinci being Ezio's friend who provides him with his inventions and all is clever and unique, although I do feel Da Vinci is pretty overexposed. The flying machine that Ezio used in the demo looks very exhilarating but I fear it will use the Sixaxis on the PS3 version. It'd be fine if the darn thing is responsive but otherwise it would make for some very excruciatingly irritating moments.

The idea of variety of missions to do rather than the repetitive investigations is wonderful although I am rather wary. From the sound of things, some missions Ezio performs are protecting people, carrying them, defending them...eh, that seems fine but also can be rather tedious?

Well, whatever it may be, I can't wait for this game. Another one on my list is Uncharted 2 but I only know bits of information here and there so I'll post about that later once I get full details.

Also, the new Castlevania: Lords of Shadow looks pretty good but the whole cinematic feel with hiring actors/actresses as voiceovers bugs me. Generally this bugs me but if they manage to make themselves sound other than, well ,themselves then it's all good. But in CLoS's case, they don't so it's pretty annoying.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Jun 4th, 2009 at 05:11 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02740 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,917KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo