View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #19
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom
Agreed. This game actually had me on my toes in boss fights because that's how much it pissed me off. If there were more games that puts up quite a challenge on a normal difficulty setting. (I am not including MGS 3 yet since I haven't beatin it ^_^) I love challenging games that has nice controls (gameplay), graphics, and story. And it's actually not one of those button masher where you can just attack without defending. Far more strategic than that. It's very rare to come across one of those games in this day in age. Ninja Gaiden is my pick. (Plus I'm a ninja fan)

Off-topic- I hear people are comparing Devil May Cry 3 to Ninja Gaiden. Is it really that difficult?
Wow, I don't remember posting in this thread at all lol.

But I guess it's time for an update since Ninja Gaiden is no longer my all time favorite.

I have quite a few favorites now, and trying to decide which one is my top favorite is hard because I think I like them equally... for the time being.

Devil May Cry 3 - Unlike Ninja Gaiden (I believe God of War doesn't carry over either after beating the game. I don't remember), everything carries over to a new game. And I like going through without having the need to find all them weapons again. The flashing cut-scenes is what really did it for me in this one though. I don't think you can get any flashier than that. (If there are any games with flashier cut-scenes, let me know lol)

Kingdom Hearts 2 - I still hate Sora, but he's more tolerable in this one than he is in the first. Sora = Naruto in this one. (But then again Kingdom Hearts 2 has Naruto written all over it lol.) Stupid and naive. In any case, it's not the best game, but it's simple and straight forward. And besides, hack n slashers are my type of games. And like DMC3, majority of the cut-scenes were top notch.

Organization 13 = Akatsuki

Chrono Trigger - Who'd have ever thought an old game like this would end up being one of my favorites. First game I've played in a long time where "all" the characters were good. No one was annoying, granted that there were a couple of stupid tech's that should've been lefted out. For a SNES game, and 2D graphics, no less, I actually like how most of the techs look. I wouldn't mind seeing a Chrono Trigger remake for the ps2.

Final Fantasy 8 - This is probably the only game that I've played more than 4 times. (outside of DMC3) Once you learn how the junction system works, it becomes all too easy, giving the fact that you can gain access to some of the best magic at the beginning of the game, and can probably hold your own on the 4th disc with your setup from the 1st. I don't know, I haven't tried it. (I did get my Lionheart before getting off the 1st disc though .)

Shenmue - This used to be a game that I could play over and over because I wanted to fill in the notebook as well as get better in fighting. (particularly master my throwing and dodging/blocking). I say "used to" because the camera angles make it hard to enjoy the game like I did back then. But nevertheless, it is still a favorite. The 2nd Shenmue on the other hand, I think I actually hate that one now lol. They made Ryo just really stupid and naive. (Plus the voice work and camera)

That's about it for the time being. There are some games I want to try out though:

Baiten Kaitos Origins
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of the Abyss
Valkyrie Profile 2
Rogue Galaxy (Again)
Phoenix Wright??
Suikoden 3

Just to name a few that I'm looking into
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04265 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,918KB