View Single Post
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:14 PM   #35
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
NOTE: This post is full of spoilers. It is addressed towards gamers that have already beaten this game, so don´t bother reading if you haven´t finished it yet. I´m too lazy to put spoiler tags in every paragraph.

This is the best PS2 game ever done. Period.

And I will not discuss my comment with anybody.

Now, did I beat it too fast, or was it too short? It took me a good 17 hours to beat it (might have been more) but I´m talking in terms of weeks, it took me 2 weeks to beat it, when it has actually taken me months to beat the previous ones. Bu I guess that doesn´t count, what coutns is the actual timer, and it was approximately as long as it took me to beat the others for the first time, too. But I don´t know, I felt this game was shorter than the others.

There´s no need for me to repeat the wonders others have mentioned about it, although I find it funny that people say it took them hours to beat The End when it took me only a few minutes to do it, I figured soon that since the guy was camouflaged, the easiest way track him down would be thorugh heat, so it basically turned into a "follow the footsteps, then snipe him" fight. Oh, and I also killed his precious parrot at the very beginning of the battle, too, I don´t know if this had anything to do with me beating him so quick. It was pretty much the same with The Boss, and it´s useless to try CQC with her, too. Even though I believe that if you time it right you can turn the tables on her, it was by luck that I tried using CQC on her while she was going to do it to me and it was I beating her to the ground, but then I tried it again later and it just didn´t work. The snow uniform, the thermal goggles and the M60 all together worked perfectly, though.

I didn´t know about the deal with tranquilizing the bosses, I thought it´d just give you a better rating at the end of the game for no-kills, for which I didn´t care.

And now I´ve gotten spoiled with the ¨Patriot¨and kill all the bosses with it.

The frogs: yeah, what the hell are they for? Every time I see one I shoot it until it stops squeaking. (well, doing this basically means to empty all of your magazines on it, but with Patriot, no prbolem) And I believe that there is one in every single area that you go to, it´s just that some are better hidden than others, but I´ve spotted plenty of them. There was no mention of them after finishing the game though... so I don´t know.

The guy talking at the end, there is no doubt that´s Ocelot. It´s funny that I got to like someone I despised.

Ah, there is so much I´d like to talk about this game, so little time to post.

As I told meryl-chan before, The Boss is the baddest female I´ve ever seen in any movie, video game, or anime. Hands down.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02765 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,896KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo