View Single Post
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 12:23 AM   #29
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmoohead
Thats fair, but lets pretend your an all out gamer that loves to play games across all systems.
I'm sorry for this stupid question but are you asking this because of the comparison on the multiplatform games (like "Madden 07" or another game)? Because if so then yes, maybe the PS3 would be higher in the competition if, to me, the multiplatform games seem better on the PS3 than the 360 or Wii.

Quote:
The racing titles also look impressive, and lets face it 95% of racing games these days are graphics so when it comes to me saying the game looks good yes graphics are a huge factor. Yes handling and driving style are key, but for the most part the great games like NFS and GT have got handling figured out and now its about presentation.
Okay you've got a point. I guess this would be an important factor if you're a diehard racing fan and everything else about the gameplay has already been figured out through past trial-and-error.

Quote:
As mentioned Tony Hawk looks very impressive, and yes I can understand the hatred of the series after all its pretty much the same thing over and over but I am excited over this one as rumors show that the game focuses more on things that can actually be done and not roof to roof transfers into 3 mile grinds with 10 million kickflip combos while on the ride.
I never said I hated the series, but I was merely tired of it because, yes, it pretty much is the same thing over and over again. Although I loved the concept of "Underground" the taste level in "Underground 2" made me feel rather sick (sorry, but I don't like the Jackass show, team, whatever). This is why I never bothered with "Wasteland." Maybe "Project 8" would present something fresh to the series (although, hehe, I really liked the fantasy aspect of flying across huge chasms or soaring into the air while doing specials or combos ) because I also read about it and it does sound interesting but I still have my doubts, I'm sorry.

Quote:
I understand what your saying personally, the games are not your style. But from a gaming standpoint you cant truely say this is a poor launch lineup. Its day one and people are expecting day 365. I agree its not a great lineup, there could be more, i agree, but considering what we are getting its really not all that bad in compairson to other consoles, especially the launch of the 360.
Yes from a certain standpoint the launch games aren't terrible and is an adequate amount that ought to make people happy. And yes, perhaps I'm just expecting too much or have higher expectations which is unfair. But I'm not expecting day 365 like you said. It's just that - and please, I'm really not trying to get into an argument so please don't misunderstand – I thought there might be at least one game that seems slightly original and makes me go "Wowies, I gotta get it!" It's true that the other consoles like the Wii, which my sister is getting since I don't have money, don't have an eclectic mix either but they do have a quirky and fun looking game "Elebits" which actually made me cackle at its concept (despite it being an FPS ). So for that, and "Zelda," it made me actually interested in the Wii...otherwise, I wouldn't be so intrigued either (and honestly, I'm only waiting for "Animal Crossing Wii," ). Also, I really couldn't say that the PS3 launch is better than 360's because PS3's launch seems eerily similar to 360's. Both seem to have the same amount of sports, racing, FPSs, etc. But that could just be me, okay? I will eventually get a PS3 when I get enough money and when the better games come out but I really don't see myself picking one up at launch, I'm sorry.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03129 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,926KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start