View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 07:47 PM   #28
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

Plus the older snake voice sounds better truthfully. Considering he is spose to be mid thirties it does work better overall.
Ah well, I guess I just prefer the younger Snake when it comes to the original game. To me, the younger Snake sounds more sincere and caring as opposed to the older. For example, in the original, when Baker told Snake he forgot Meryl's Codec number, all Snake did was just say "Damn!" and hit his knee. But in "Twin Snakes", Snake rears his head back and goes "Auughnn!!" and grabs his SOCOM and points it at Baker's head. I mean, I know he's stressed but... I still prefer all the original voices, but I do like Campbell's voice now.

Quote:
On to the flashy statment, yeah the game if flashy, but MGS is spose to be flashy. I believe this is what konami wanted with the original but couldnt express it due to the hardware limitations. Its a true work of art.
Yes, the cutscenes are flashy and there are one too many "Matrix"/"Max Payne" slowmotion jumps, dodges, shots, etc. going on. However, I'm not saying the scenes are bad, but they are just a little like "Oooh!" "Ahhh". Getting further into the game, it occured to me how Kitamura-style the scenes really are. Like at the part when Snake threw the grenade into Vulcan Raven's tank and the guard on fire comes flying out? He reaches for Snake but Snake just punches him in the face. This scene really reminds me of the movie "Versus". It seems Kitamura-san really took the time to get these cutscenes right and the results are obvious.

Quote:
Now for the controls I kinda agree, mainly due to the completely digital control instead of analog. Everytime I think the GC controller is pressure sensitive I am poorly mistaken. I would be walking around with gun drawn then try to put it down by slowly releasing the A button when it would go off. Man that got me caught. I can't say that it is something completely bad but its takes a lot of getting used to, knowing that you have to hit another button to get you gun down.
Yeah, I've encountered that myself on a few occasions and it really frustrated me. It does take some time getting used to and I'm still battling with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by kupoartist

Personally, I thought Naomi's voice in MGS1 was fine.
Oh, BTW, I must apologize for a mistake in my earlier post. I said that Jennifer Hale did Meryl's and Naomi's voice, but I'm wrong. This Hale woman didn't do Meryl's voice...instead it's a woman named Mae West. I read somewhere that Hale did the voice for Meryl in the original game and Emma in MGS2, but I guess I misread it. Sorry guys!

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Mar 12th, 2004 at 07:48 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.20264 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,921KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo