View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #3
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Ok as per the terms of agreement in being in the beta, I can't really discuss much more then whats already been stated by sony themselves. So with that being said I won't say much on whats all going on inside the beta but what I will tell you is this.

Its brilliant!

I mean what more can I say. The entire idea is simply amazing on so many different levels. Admittedly their is not a large amount of things to do yet, but where most people show negativity towards whats happening, I see an incredible experience.

I am not sure how to explain other then saying that sony has created an environment full of sony gamers playing PS3 games. They have made a place where strangers become friends with a simple push of a button. I have met so many people in Home in just a a few short days. People that have similar interests in mine. People with the same positions on the gaming industry and people who play the same games as me. It has allowed me to be in a positive environment where I can be myself and enjoy things that I already do, but at an all new level.

Home is not about playing a game. If you have that in your mind, you won't like it. Its that simple. Home is more then just a SIMS or Second Life. In fact, my opinion its not even on the same playing field. SIMS or SL are games. They are games with a purpose. That purpose is to make money and do with it what you will. Yes those games are social networks in that you can find people with simular interests and pretty much live in whatever fantasy world you want to create. The only thing Home has in common with games like those is that it is a Social Network. However its a network that I have never had the privilege of seeing before.

Like i said, its a place for PS3 owners. Its a place where Sony people get to communicate with other sony people. In my time there I have yet to run into a single raging Microsoft fanboy for example. Not that I don't except that sort of thing, or do I think there is actually someone out there now thinking of buying a PS3 just to go into Home and declare PS3 and Sony suck, but for the time being we have a place were 100% of the people there have something in common, a PS3.

Its important to note that what people are seeing right now in the 1.0 version is only the skeleton of what we should see in the Open beta that should be around real soon.

I will close in saying this one more time, Home is brilliant. The entire concept has so many advantages to it. The options on growth are endless and if Sony does what I think they can do with it, it just could change the way we game for a long long time. Don't expect amazing outragous things on day one, but if you keep an open mind, Home will be a fantastic experience for you. Think its a game, and you will be dissapointed. Its that simple. It can be boring at times and after the intial "holy crap look at this place", it will get a slow. However the entire idea of Home is simply brilliant.

I can't wait till everyone here can join me and we can get a PSFantasy Club House going.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.05387 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,909KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end