View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #18
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
According to the text on the right in the first picture link, the man is Snake (unless it's all false information to throw us off and in reality, it's Big Boss...maybe he never died and was cyrogenized or something). I was able to translate a little of the text and this is what I got:

With the PlayStation 3 beginning to form in the real world, we are showing the first strong impact of "man" (I think the phrase meant that the idea of "man" equals strength and that is what the PlayStation 3 is proposed to do. So, the article is relating the PlayStation 3 and MGS4 with "strong impression"). The face (I think) has grown old and the body is unbecoming to it. The clothes is familiar and unique and see the bandana (I couldn't see one of the characters in the page so I couldn't translate it).This man is indeed Snake. He is the aged "Solid Snake" as expected. I couldn't translate the last part because of one character.

So, that's all I got from it. If this man is really Snake, I have to admit that I am very sad that Snake has become an old man for this game. I don't have a problem with old people, it's just that...old people depress me. I feel that they should retire and relax comfortably instead of having to go through all this vigorous and straining ordeals that's more suited for the youth who can take the hits. I know that Snake still is all fit and in shape for that age (I mean, my God, look at him! He's still busting out the CQC moves!) but I just...don't like it. I don't mind the mustache...though he looks a little like Ocelot.

Okay, so now...I have a question. Do you guys remember that "line-up" picture that features sketches of Snake, Raiden, Meryl, Ocelot, "Naomi" and that old guy with the eyepatch? Okay, well, if the old guy with the patch is supposed to be Snake, then who's the youthful looking Snake-look-alike standing next to Meryl?

I don't know what to make of the injection picture...unless that's the new "rations" for the game (you inject this needle in order to survive or something...it is futuristic after all). Otacon looks much better now that he's older. As for Raiden coming back, let's just hope he isn't as whiny as he was in MGS2...hopefully he's grown up a bit.

Oh and Metal Gear Mark II... I don't know what to make of him. He reminds me of that little robot character in "Star Wars"...uh...R2-D2 or something. I wonder if he's more helpful or more useless. It seems like it's going to be a challenge trying to play a stealth game with a little robot with you all the time.

Great pics Vic. Do you know which Japanese magazine this is? I would like to pick up a copy, if possible.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Sep 15th, 2005 at 10:43 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02663 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,917KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo