Thread: Mid 2008 now
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #6
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
That's quite the list... Let's see how I should do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
Battlefield Bad Company
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Socom: Confrontation
These are army games right? Battlefield may be the only one I'd actually try out, but truthfully, I don't play army games. They just don't interest me. Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution, judging from what you said, it's like an MMO or tactical type game? Those are also games I normally stay away from. Something about building environments, and armies or whatnot just don't click with me. (short attention span and stuff lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
Beijing 2008
Madden 09
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
GRID
Sports games... The only sports game I play is basketball, and that basketball game has to have the title NBA 2K in it. Racing games grew kind of stale to me over a period of time. I'll be honest to you about Madden and football games in general. I suck at them. I don't put in the time to try to learn how to play. I tend to just pick a play and try to throw the ball, lol. Last time I actually tried to play a football game, though, was NFL 2K for the Dreamcast. Kept throwing interceptions. So I just stay away from those just to keep myself from getting embarrassed by a 50 pt blowout or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
Silent Hill
Resistence 2
Ghostbusters
Unfortunately, I've never took the time to try out a Silent Hill game. Let alone a survival horror game, especially after Resident Evil on the PS1. They don't scare me, (and I don't look for them to scare me. Honestly, majority of the times, in Resident Evil and Dino Crisis, I tried to get the character killed on purpose, just for the thrill to see how they'd get killed and whatnot.) and I've become real skeptical because of the controls/camera from RE may have leaked onto the SH series. (You can tell I haven't played RE4 right? lol) Although, I've not played the first Resistence, I probably will try it out sometime down the line. But, I've not been into FPS's in a long time since Halo. (Really Goldeneye007 and Perfect Dark for the N64) And the way I see it, if you've played one FPS, you've pretty much played them all. (Outside of Gears of War being the only real difference maker.... Which I also haven't played.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
Little Big Planet
Guitar Hero
This would probably be where I'd get the most static at. I'm not a fan of multiplayer games. (online or with friends) And Guitar Hero/Rock Band are normally the first type of game I'd turn my head away from simply because I can't stand games like them. (Also why I don't own a Wii) Good fun, perhaps, but just not the game for me. And besides, I'm not into rock and metal. Little Big Planet on the other hand is also a game I tend to steer clear of. Quirky games just seems so "bleh". (Till this day, I will not buy a Katamari Damashi game) I play alot of games where I can take anger out on... (Stuff like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and Dynasty Warriors) Randomness and innovation is fine and all, but they really don't mean much to me. (I'm a very boring, simple/narrow-minded person)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
Bourne Conspiracy
Tomb Raider Underworld
The Agency
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Out of all the games that've been listed, these would be the ones I'd most likely purchase/look into. Bourne Conspiracy is my type of game. Simple minded stuff that'd be real easy to get into. I've not played any of the newer Tomb Raider games.... heh, I've not played any Tomb Raider games to be honest. I've played the first one, and that was a demo. But I have been curious about these games lately. The Agency, as I said, I'm not into MMO's, but I really do hope that this game can be played by myself, without the need of going online because I really do like how this game looks. DBZ: BL looks pretty good. It's about time they get that camera back to normal. I'm also not a fan of Star Wars, but even I have to admit from what I've seen of clips (didn't think this nor MK vs DCU was coming out this year... others I forgot about) of pulling a giant ship towards you with your hands is too good to pass up. As for Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe goes, I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game since Mortal Kombat 4, and that was utter garbage imo. But the collaboration of DC characters, and this free fall fighting mechanic is something I'd like to see.

Soul Calibur 4, while it's interesting to see Yoda and Darth Vader as characters in the game, unfortunately, I've not been interest in a Soul Calibur game since the first SC. I didn't see what was so special about the 2nd SC when it was nothing but the same as the first with updated graphics and new characters.

Can't say that I'm all that intrigued by most of these games, but I did ask, and so, thanks for the update JJ.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03531 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,932KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo