View Single Post
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:06 AM   #13
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

Do you mean to tell me that there could only be 5 Iraqi soldiers dead? What kind of estimation is that? And if 10,000 civilians have died then that has to be Iraqis killing Iraqis. And what can you do when Iraq moves key targets next heavily populated areas?

I seriously hope you were just being sarcastic.

Quote:
And 10,000 is no where close to the number of people the Iraqi government have killed and tortured. What plan would you have imposed? Not go to war and let Saddam have his way? What you are asking for is impossible to give. You want bombs that only destroy the target. You want bullets to only hit enemies. You want every life saved. It can't happen! Open your damn eyes and see what you are saying. You have done nothing but accuse the US of being a nation of lies, deceit, and murderers. I, for one, do not enjoy being called any of those names!
That dissent-is-unpatriotic bullshit doesn't phase me, Preventer. I've called the ADMINISTRATION of this country decietful and murderous. Which is true. They DECIEVED the people of this nation into thinking that first we were going to war to stop terrorism.. then to protect ourselves.. then to eliminate weapons of mass destruction.. then to free the people of Iraq. With each excuse coming along after the previous one FELL THROUGH.

The ADMINISTRATION has bullied our country into an illegal war that will stymie our political peacekeeping power for probably generations. The ADMINISTRATION has proved ignorant and insensitive to actually liberating and rebuilding this country and bred even more hatred in the middle east, hatred that will not be taken out against the ruling elite, but against the poor shmucks who got dragged along with it or our troops in the Gulf. OR BOTH.

I don't want everybody to be safe. I'm not naieve enough to believe that is possible, or believe anyone who really knows the situation and has demonstrated as much thinks it's possible.. *coughs*.. I just know that there were better ways to handle this situation after Dumbya threw it out of control, and I know that it was unnecessary before he did so.

Quote:
If this war is to breed more hatred then every Iraqi civilian who is filled with joy over this are pretty good actors. If this war had not happened would things in Iraq be different? Would Saddam become a better person? I don't think so. He was given over 10 years to change for the better and he didn't!
Oh, please. Quit it with the ridiculous rhetoric. No, Saddam wouldn't have "become a better person", but Liberating the Iraqi people was NOT SO URGENT AS TO IGNORE UN AND US LAW, GO AGAINST THE WILL OF THE COUNTRY, and LEAVE MOST OF IRAQ NOW IN CHAOS BECAUSE WE RUSHED THROUGH THIS. And, if you'll either remember or read what I wrote above.. that was the FIFTH reason the administration gave for invasion. Liberation wasn't our priority, and our war plan reflects that.

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02334 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,893KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start