View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #13
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
I edited the title to include a spoiler alert, just so that we can post here without having to always use the spoiler tag - what's the point of discussing about the trailer if we cannot talk about what we saw in it?

Also, yhere is this tool that can help anyone download streaming movies onto their HDD before watching them; it's freeware, and free of spyware or other strange things -> https://sdp.ppona.com/ ; you can even give it the URL of a normal webpage and it will try to list all possible feeds in the page. It can be very useful when servers are busy or videos are in high resolution.

I really thought the same thing about Big Boss coming back in this game, especially after I noticed that in the ending scene Snake seems an entirely different person, and he even seems to have a scar on his right eye. Anyhow, in the second trailer, it is clearly said that his body is decaying at an alarming speed - is it possible the ending scene of the trailer is simply one of the ending scenes of the game?

In any case, the theory of Big Boss coming back in this game isn't far fetched. At the end of Metal Gear Solid 2 it was clear that Liquid Snake (Liquid Ocelot?) was not the bad guy. In the official website of Kojima Productions (https://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2006/), in the MGS4 section, it is stated that Snake will have to face his "life-long enemy", and this is definitely Big Boss, not Liquid. Also, in the second trailer, Otacon says something like "You never stood a chance. He can't be beat" - is it possible this "He" refers "just" to Liquid? I don't think so. I really think there are more chances that Liquid and Snake will join their forces somewhere during this game against a common enemy...

About that grave - a grave without a name could indeed be the Boss' grave, but also Solidus' grave. In Metal Gear Solid 2, Solidus had a tragic fate not different from the one of the Boss in MGS 3.

Do you think the bipedal robots in the trailer are Metal Gears? They indeed seem very dangerous (the way they move their legs is scary), but I thought they were just war machines for combat on the battlefield.

P.S. I just quoted your last post when I used the word "fears" ("I never said I won't love the game for all the things I feared) , I understand perfectly your feelings about the game.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02182 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,905KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo