Thread: Thank you Sony
View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 01:27 AM   #10
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmoohead
I want to add that everyone is making good points and there really is nothing to add from my side.

I will however say that I have had a PS3 since launch day in North America and have not had a single problem. I leave it on for days at a time cause i often forget to turn it off. I have 7 games in my library right now and am getting F1 racing and Motorstorm this week. The games could be better (no argument from me) but I have 0 complaints about the system or the setup of the system on my end. No over heating problems and no other problems that I have noticed. Sorry to hear European problems, its really to bad, cause the system itself is fun and I enjoy it like no other. All i can say is the foul shooting in NBA 2K7 is so much fun with the tilt control lol. I sat there one night and shot 1000 shots just cause the tilt was fun lol.

BTW the blue ray movie play is awesome too. Wish movies were not so much money, but cant play playstation for that.
While in an ironic twist of fate 360's have heating and other issues and break down pretty easily, I've had mine for a year and no problems yet though. I'm actually surprised I haven't heard much reports of PS3's breaking, either Sony finally got their systems right or there simply aren't many cases of it or not enough PS3's in peoples possessions they aren't exactly flying off the shelves.

Still I'm paranoid about it I went through three PS3's, my latest fat model makes grinding noises while playing but my new Slimline I got plays like a champ. The slimline doesn't heat up like when they first released, I'm quite pleased with it. But as always it could mess up; Sony has always been suspect so a two year warranty is a nice cushion.

I really wish there wasn't a bluray player in the PS3 though, if it wasn't there the system would be at least a hundred dollars cheaper, I've heard the bluray player alone may make the system take a longer time to lower in price. People I've talked too don't foresee a price drop in two years like I'm hoping for, but as always I take it with a grain of salt. But hopefully it does happen when MGS4, DMC4, Lair, Naughty Dog's untitled project, and a few other games I can't quite place right now come out I will get one. But 600 will be a pill I will not swallow, so hopefully it happens.

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02811 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,905KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below