Thread: Soul Caliber II
View Single Post
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 06:37 PM   #51
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Woa, I couldnt dissagree more. The characters in SC are flat generic rip offs of every fighter ive ever seen in this type of game. The only thing that seperates some of them is there weapons. They have the classic generic samuri. The giant very stupid looking ogre guy. I find myself not caring about any of these two demensional characters with the exception of Spawn. Allthough ill admit its fun playing as the guy who uses the staff. Hes got some great combos.
Tell me where you have seen them before? And don't say previous Soul Calibur games. Sure they have a stupid Berserker but really where have you seen them before? Ivy is the only female with knockers that resemble anything close to Dead or Alive's females.

Quote:
It had a story ?. Oh yeah they did throw in about 2 images of a cheezy looking sword and say you were searching for it. Oh yeah they mentioned it was legendary too. What an amazingly enthrawling story.....NOT. It would have been better as just a tournament to become the champion of fighters or something like that. I still think this game is a rehash that deserves no better than an 8 out of ten, but hey thats just my opinion. Ive only had it for one day and im bored with it
If they would have done that you would have complained it's like every other fighting game. EGM described each characters story in this months or last months magazine. Read it. You could go through Weapon Mastery Mode and find it out. But my guess is that you went through the first 2 cities and judged it on that. Can you even tell me Virtua Fighter 4's story off the top of your head?

Quote:
I dissagree whole hartedly. The Weapon Mastery mode is just another excuse to link random battles together. And whats your reward ? Some gold so you can buy weapons that make very little difference in the battles ? Seems to me like that whole mode was thrown in to cheaply add depth to a very shallow game.
The weapons make a lot of difference. Some of them heal some of them have better defense some of them have better offense. The mode makes the game better then any other fighting game simply for it's uniqueness. It adds depth to a fighting game. Something every fighting game needs. Sure the mode could be a lot better but it is better then any other mode like it.

Quote:
That would be the one thing that is better in this game. And its a VERY small perk. I prefer hand to hand combat anyway
Do you realize what you just said? You just said using weapons is better. But you prefer hand to hand. Explain that one to me.

Quote:
And I just remembered what i loved about VF 4 so much. You could win items to customsize your character with . There is very little customization in SCII.
You can customize your weapon and change your outfit (I know every character has at least 3 outfits). What other customization would you like? And to win those items you had to fight in random battles that did nothing but give you items. So how does that make it better then Weapon Mastery Mode?

I did tell you that the games were the same only SC2 is better because it had weapons. I had played the game maybe an hour. I hadn't even gotten into Weapon Mastery Mode.

I use Ivy the most. Cervantes is my second favorite.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02025 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,907KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)