View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #10
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Dan da man, you surely have your reasons to love the Xbox 360, especially if you are a fan of Sports games. We also have one Xbox 360 console in the office - it's honestly the less exciting, less solid, more badly assembled piece of gaming equipment we have seen in 20 years of videogaming. Simply put, it's even more than its predecessor a crippled PC. The design is ridiculous; the lack of the HDD in cheaper bundles is idiotic; the software emulation for backward compatibility is a shame (what, several GB of space on the $99 20GB HDD must be used to play older games?); and finally, most of the games released until today are some of the worst and less exciting titles I have played in a long, long time (with the exception of Oblivion). Not to mention the fact they released a new Xbox just 4 years (this is pathetic!) from the release of the previous system. At first I thought Microsoft would have brought some good competition to the industry; now I believe they are ruining it, and Sony's biggest error is they are following Microsoft's strategy instead than ignoring them, like Nintendo has been doing until today. If Sony wants to survive, they must focus their attention on the software, on their first and second party titles developed in Japan and on third party exclusives. If Sony plans to win this console war only with hordes of mindless, unimaginative titles like those developed by EA or Ubisoft and shared with the Xbox 360, they are doomed.

Really, I am a console collector myself, but if it wasn't we need this Xbox360 in our office to compare cross-platform releases we get from press offices, I would have already sold this unit on eBay. It insults my intelligence, everytime I watch it. On a note, we bought it so early just because I found a new unit for little more than $200 (HDD included).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
When it comes down to it, Europe has waited a similar ammount of time (often longer) for almost every games console ever released. It's disappointing, but about as unexpected as Paris Hilton... well, being Paris Hilton. In fact, just think about Paris for a while and it's strangely enlightening on the whole Playstation 3 issue. Or something.

And considering the PS3's launch price, the less units, the less people who become amputees, prostitutes and ebaytards.
Hahahaha I agree! We will have some serious problem buying the two consoles we need this November.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02835 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,910KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo