View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #6
-PSX-
Answers Not Answered

-PSX- is on a distinguished road
First of all I would like to state that this is an unbiased opinion having played all three consoles and only owning one (a PS2).

PS2: A+

The reason I rate the PS2 this is because the Playstation 2 has been a legendary console since its release in November 2000. Since then it has gone from strenght to strength, releasing classic after classic to itself from all the major companies (EA Games, Capcom, UbiSoft) such as two Grand Theft Auto titles with one just around the corner and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (the sequel to this is also around the corner). But these are only two of thousands of games rolling of production lines each day. The console is built with fashion, power and gamers in mind alike. It looks sleek and stylish, it plays any game you put in it perfectly as well as DVDs and CDs and it has all the best games to keep just about anyone entertained. Its 128-bit emotion processor delivers perfectly any media you put in (apart from VCDs). It even backlogs and plays Playsation 1 games. With hundreds more titles appearing each year it is an excellent console with power and style to its gaming. So to put a conclusion to this, Sony has developed an excellent games console which everyone can have a taste for - it plays perfectly, looks great and is an excellent machine.

XBox: C+

Microsoft's first game console, the XBox is currently the most powerful console in the market - but doesn't have a great array of games to match. But the horrible problem lies within the controller and software - it may be built beautifully with its big X but the controller is horrible, big and way too fragile. The software market for this isn't too hopeful either - with not many *excellent with a capital e* titles coming out. No major sellers part from the odd Tom Clancy or Gotham Racing . Now I know a lot of members of PS2 Fantasy have a box but believe me I hate it deeply. Microsoft should really have kept with the PC market instead of this venture.

GameCube: B-

The second best console because it has that element that makes it unique - for instance, the size of both the console and the discs. They are excellent because it makes it stylish and appealing. It also has the old Nintendo favourites - Mario and Luigi. This is another swaying factor - classics. Many consoles these days think classics are boring and come out with grunge (Gotham Racing anyone). Whereas Nintendo have stood up proudly and brought classics back to light (Luigis Mansion, Mario Kart). Personally this deserves second place truly. If I were to buy my next console before PS3 this would be it (and im seriously thinking about it).

So there you go, you asked - I answered. Hope you had as much enjoyment reading this as wrote it.

Slim PS2 Lost Due To Size, If Any Information On How To Find It Please PM
-PSX- is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02817 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,887KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end