View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 05:18 PM   #1
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Lisence to Kill ? (Political Post)

I dont know if any of your states have passed this but here in Ohio they are thinking about making it Legal for anyone over 18 to carry concealed handguns. I am deeply bothered that such an idea has even been taken into consideration ANYWHERE. It seems ludacris to me that there are poloticians in office that would favor something like this

The goal in passing this would be to arm civilians so that they can protect themselves in everyday situations. Such as when your getting mugged, in a store/bank thats getting robbed. They think that by doing so that criminals will be too scared to comit such crimes.

It seems to me that the politicians stopped thinking there. I mean lets look past the possible posotives of this bill and check out some of the VERY possible side effects. Heres a situation, Joe Schmoe is about to pull into the last parking spot available at the department store, and along comes John Doe who cuts him off and takes the spot. Joe Schmoe gets out of the vehicle armed with his perfectly legal concealed handgun. Mr. Doe confronts him physically. A scared, physically intimidated Joe Schmoe Pulls his gun just to get the man to back off. Doe panics and reaches for the gun, in the struggle John Doe ends up shot to death in the parking lot of your local Department store. I mean things like this can and WILL happen if you allow everyone to carry around weapons. And those are rational people, there are ALOT of nut cases out there .

And on top of that you have average, urban, young, black man. Who, to complete his thugged out image buys a 9 millimeter pistol and carrys it with him tucked in the waist of his jeans. He gets high at a party where he sees the guy that stole his girl or ripped him off (you name it). He pulls the gun and starts talking trash just to intimidate the guy. (Trust me this could very easily happen i live around ALOT of urban black people) . But wait this guys a thug to and he has a perfectly legal concealed weapon. Now he pulls his and well, put 2 and 2 together, people end up dead.

And do you really think that these criminals who rob banks are thinking rationally when they decide to rob a place. Theyre not going to worry about people in the bank having guns, all there worried about is the moeny and there next drug fix.

So how do you guys feel, maybe some of you live in a state where this law has allready been passed .

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02934 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,890KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below