View Single Post
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:55 PM   #1
blindman
Sketch Penguin

blindman is on a distinguished road
Red face Tounge of Angels (I need expirience writing, anyone has some tips? please send).

The story is about a man (named Dario) who had lost his wife in the same car accident in their wedding day. Now, he has a troubled life having trouble copin and grieving. He hears an angel telling him hints about what death is like. These hints help him feel closer to his wife while at the same time, he writes poems about what death can do to others and what death is itself.
Sorry if the setting is a bit unusual and if my writing is not par to the books we are all used to read but, i try to get my point across. The story may be a bit fictional but i thought writing it here in this site...maybe some would enjoy. maybe some would recommend me to read more books but, i hope the story is ok, at least you get what im writing, thats what i hope for.

Now, lets begin.

Chapter ONE :What i've become

12 o'clock at night. In Darios watch, it was five minutes ahead.
The street lights shined on the paved ground while the rain poured down on the street. The phone booth was already occupied, Dario was having trouble with the hard rain on his hair. I should had brought an umbrella he thought to himself. His steps where wet, his shoes soaked, making a sound like "rubber" on the wet ground. His shoes semmed to be heavier than before, his socks wet, his face pale and eyes red while he remember how much the rain reminded him of when he was a kid. Mother, Mother! he heard in the backround; mother, mother he wishpered afterwards. The rain! its so nice! i want to feel it this time mother - i miss the rain! but his mother wouldnt let the kid run out of the house and feel the rain once again, Dario darling, you'll get too sick. You do remember the last time you ran you and ran around the yard while it rained dont you?. An echo followed what it sounded like a woman with a grumpy accent.
Dario teared up a bit, he was used to that now. But the rain washed that one tear from his right eye like life took his love away.

What it looked like a black jacket seemed, dark green thanks to the shining lights that stuttered as the rain poured harder. The color was washint away; knowing this Dario took his jacket and placed it over his dark brown hair, but what was the use now? if he was so wet it seemed like he had fell from the oceanside into the water?
But he didnt mind...he had already forgotten where his apartment was. "Oh yeah" He wishpers with a light of exitement and a smile on his face, "I forgot to give Sheryl her present". Sheryl has been his very best friend for the longest time. She was about 5'7 feet tall, short black hair and love leather. Sheryl reminded Dario of how much hope there was in the world. But she never came up to Dario to ask him out, they never wanted to...they thought they would had ruined their relationship that way so they kept it clean.
The present was that one stuffed toy squirrel she always wanted. It looked like the pet she lost when her house burned when she was just 6 years old. Father got badly burn while all that happened, lost his hands and his left leg. Dario puts back his black jacket over his soaked white shirt that looked creamed colored now. "The bar shouldnt be so far off from here".
Actually it was closer than what he thought, just across the street. He was already standing at the other side of the street; he softly passed his right hand through his wet hair. He tilts his head up and blinks a bit before noticing the rain was almost completely gone.

Each step he took seemed a bit heavier than the other one. He need a new pair of shoes for the night, but he still wanted to make his way across the street to the bar so he can hand the present to Sheryl.
Walking seemed the hardest thing besides keeping his balance, but he still didnt give up in his way to the bar.
He stands right infront of the door, maybe he should just wait till tomorrow...maybe not, maybe he knows how much Sheryl would want the present. But then again, it was a surprise so why give it to her like, as if she asked for it yesterday?
He didnt want to think it like that, he just wanted to hand it to her.
He opens the door of the bar, its nearly empty, with 5 or 6 people sitting on the tables. He looks around and sees no bartender, the orange lights on his face as he stared across the hall of the bar to the stained glass that he loved so much. It was one of the presents he had given her a long time ago so she would replace her broken house window after he broke it with a baseball.
"I thought the window would look better here" he remember she said.
Right after that moment, he took one step and stopped. Hearing the door closing slowly behind him, he didnt turn around but made his way forward.
"Dario, haven't seen you in awhile". He hears a woman call him from his right ear. He smiles expecting Sheryl to had welcomed him, but instead it was her little cousin, Maki. Dario continues the smile nonetheless, he lowers himself to talk to the 8 year old. "Sheryl said, if..if you passed by the bar and..and i noticed you, you can take a little drink of your favurite Tekaila". Dario smiles even more, then he giggles thinking how cute she sounded like when she mispronounced "Tequila". At that same time, he thought Sheryl was a bit uncareful telling Maki those words expecting her to know what it even means.
She looked cute as always, with her blond hair in a little ponytail, wearing a white top that clearly read "Sugar" in pink letters. He thought her "Nikey" shows where cute as well, a nice lighblue color for the stripes. "Maki, you look cute as always" he dared compliment, "I just wanted to give Sheryl a little present but she is not here right now, so i guess...." he stopped for a second. Took out his squirrel and looked at it for a little.

It doesnt look too much like the squirrel..., he knew exactly how the squirrel looked like- Sheryl had described it to him. "I thought i should give this to you Maki, for being so welcoming everytime i pass around here". Maki smiles and blushes. She hiccups, then smiles and covers her mouth with her cheeks red. "Thank you Dario, i wun't till Sheryl, Ukie?" she said while she went to the back of the bar. Dario wondered why she was here alone...then he sees somebody come throught the back door. Its Sheryl. From where Dario was standing, you coulnd't hear anything, so instead he watches them for awhile.
Sheryl pays her attention to Maki who pulls her pants to get her attention. Sheryl lowers and listens to what Maki has to say.
Maki takes the Squirrel and shows it to Sheryl. Sheryl smiles. From where Dario was, he wondered if her mouth synched with these words: Who gave that to you?, Maki synched I cannot tell, but it is for you.
Dario laughs quietly; Sheryl stands back up after tapping Makis head softly. She notices Dario, and forgets to smile, she wanst expeting him there. Dario smiles though, smiles as he heads out of the bar into the night. Sheryl smiles afterwards, while she places her purse down and goes to the nearest private washroom to blow her hair dry after all the rain. Her clothes wherent that wet, she knew they would dry up in awhile.

Dario had made it home, it was not raining anymore. He changes to dry clothes and grabs his pencil. While he opened his notebook, he wondered everything that had happened tonight.

Dear life: Today was a normal day, but the night took me by surprise. It rained so hard my hands where hurt.
Gravity seemed to had pulled my shoes down but it was the water the cause.
I needed some time to relax
so i took a long walk.
Getting lost in the city streets
the water poured on my clothes while i thought deep
"why am i here tonight?" till my answered came to life
i made it in Sheryls bar, and saw a smile in her cousins face.
Cute as always with her outfit she wears, i handed her the present that i thought she may like.
Instead of showing me her apreciation, she made it up with a smile
To the back she went and handed Sheryl the squirrel that was meant to be hers.
Maybe She didnt smile, but i did, hard to explain why life happens like this.
Dear life i dont know why...tonight i forgot about life.
--End.

Maybe that chapter wasnt so good. Ill write more chapter depending on the replies. If you have any suggestions, please tell me. Probably my story is a bit missing soemthing, or mabye its a bit dull and incomplete. I write lots of stories, but im not up to par since im more of an elementary student.
If you have any tips, please send them with your replies. Punctuation problems and all, please send whatever you have.
Thanks.

Last edited by blindman; Jun 3rd, 2003 at 08:07 PM..
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 1.15692 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,927KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo