View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:32 PM   #39
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well thats your opinion but then why did Halo get all tens our close to it from just about every proffesional that reviewed it ?. Becasue It most certainly is ONE of the best games ever made. But Its greatness cant be truly felt without playing multiplier with alotta friends, and the next one will be online so everyone will feel its greatness and you may finally see the light. Its multiplier is better than Perfect Darks. Not for a single person no because of the absence of bots (Which is the games only Real draw back) but for multiple people it IS better belive me...if not for anything else its for the vehicles. And the missions were not as repetitive as you think and certainly weren't more so that DW's.In all of the DW games all you do is beat on weak soldiers and hunt down the main bosses who basically wait for you...its fun to do but doesn't warrant putting the game in the same league as Halo. In halo you had different Vehicles ..VERY different levels...Different objectives...A FAAAAR BETTER STORY (Read the Halo books they are awesome. Explains the story in depth) DW is a HACK and SLASH title . PERIOD. Ask any pro game reviewer I mean... its basically excepted as a fact..it personifies hack and slash. Its a good game and all but the voice acting is atrocious (Little better in the latest one but still crap) and it isnt even in the same league as Halo. You want to use sales figures against me ok then Ill fight fire with fire. I GUARANTEE Halo sold circles around ANY DW title. You may not like it for one unwarranted reason or another but lets face it people HALO is better.
That's exactly what I am saying. In order to really experience the game you have to play multiplayer. And most people couldn't find 4 people on a normal to play with. Not to mention you would need another X-Box and TV if you wanted more people. And the guns were gay. Do you remember the names of any of the guns and what they did? It shouldn't be hard because they were all very basic. There were 10 levels and you go through 3 again. In most of the levels themselves you go through the same looking room over and over again.

I asked you to tell me what made Halo so great and how it was better then Perfect Dark. You gave me an excuse and said the Multi Player was better because of vehicles. Which may or may not be true. We can talk about character selection, weapons, and levels. Perfect Dark wins in all 3 categories and that does not even include bots. I thought that the vehicles were the best thing about Halo but to say that makes up for bots and those other 3 categories is a bit far fetched. Sure you can race the vehicles but come on...is it really better JUST because of that?

Now if you can tell me what Halo's story is about and what the Three Kingdoms is about I may just believe you. But to even mention that I should read the books when you have not read one is a bit wrong don't you think? Especially when I could tell you a lot about the Three Kingdoms. Now this was a discussion about something else and I will reply no further.

Quote:
Preventer it seems to me like maybe you just have a different taste for games than the majority of people. I mean you dont think that Halo, Splinter Cell, or the Grand Theft Auto games are near as good as people say they are yet for the most part people know these games for what they are...masterpieces. I think if you were game reviewer at EGM youd be fired after the first issue.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just look at the quote in my sig.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.64178 seconds