View Single Post
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 06:51 PM   #34
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
(Off topic our not a whole new can of worms has been opened and im not ready to close it) Hmm I can see that your one that likes to put words in peoples mouth . I mean U just basically decided how millions would re act in a county you dont even live in. You seem to think you know americans very well and clearly you do not.

Quote:
Okay, look....we're not talking about you. You're not representing the entire US
I know this you are right. I cant speak for America. But I think I would know a little better than you how the people in my country react to things. Theres always going to be pockets of racism who hate things for no reason in this country. Thats never going to change but clearly it DOES NOT have as much of an effect on media as you seem to think. I KNOW black people very well and you speak as if you know them like the back of your hand. If people hear good music that they like thier (The majority) not going to act as though the person isnt good because he or she is asian and the fact that you think this just goes to show me that your a bit misguided . Hell in many cases being different gets you MORE exposure such as with Eminem. He got more attention for being white than he did for being talented at first. There are people now that say "I hate Eminem, he sucks" and they say this because he is white. It would be the same with an asian rapper if he were as skilled as EM. I mean the racism against Eminem hasnt kept him from being succesful or popular has it ?. Wouldnt be much different for an asian . I fear you are judging a large chunk of the united states based on your observation of a few super ignorant ones you have incountered. Maybe youve been scorned by some ignorant americans but dont judge an entire country based on that..please. Im not going to tell you how the people in your country act...dont tell me how the people in my country act either becasue clearly you dont really know. BOTTOM LINE. Racism isnt widespread enough to have the dramatic effect on a persons career as you think..trust me. And as for anime I think that topic has been discussed thuroughly and im greatful for everyones input especially yours Meryl.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.49338 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,890KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo