View Single Post
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:57 PM   #9
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
OK well Piggle you asked and you're all gonna get more than you bargained for. May I note this is an extremely tame dream for me. I found an old dream journal i had started from last summer. I guess the dream is about the problems my ex-gf and I were having at the time. I'm gonna quote directly from the journal cuz I don't feel like rewriting the whole thing...maybe I'll edit a little. I think I'll also not use my ex's real name for this purpose. So yeah....hopefully this will get other people to be more open in thsi thread and share their dreams more cuz I think piggle has a cool idea here.

Here you go:

<begin journal entry>
August 25th

I will tentatively title this dream "Offshore Beach" not because of it's themes one might discover after thoroughly trying to interpret its meaning but for the more obvious reason of its setting. Now I'm trying to figure this out if this sort of water and "walking or living on water" experience is a re-occurring theme in my dreams or not especially pertaining to ones with "Anna" in them...memory fails me at the moment. The setting is hard to explain but it's important because of the strong strange feeling it gave me in the dream and how it felt like it held great significance upon reflection. The idea of living in house boats or walking on things that float on water-them being the only thing between you and the fathomless depths below-is one that chased me throughout the dream wherever I stepped. Some footholds that served as pathways between various areas that were clearly very far offshore and on the water in some tropical part of the ocean were no more than the size of stones impossibly floating somehow defying the depths. The place felt magical and tropical to begin with in this fashion but the skies were in impossibly beautiful colors and seemed almost watercolored by an artist painting my dream with my memories of murals of surrealistic and reality-defying skies where the suns and moons and stars were plentiful each and co-existed in the sky at once. However-even though this all suggests an expansive vista surrounding us-one also got the impression (as one often does in dreams) that it was merely an artificially painted background setting and the other direction which I was not looking in at the moment in the dream perhaps contained nothing. This feeling was sub-conscious however.
The main storyline of the dream consisted of "Anna" and I running back and forther from each floating hut to another along these floating paths in this floating market-like vacation spot. Each hut contained various merchandise they were some kind of giftshops. We were drawn back and forth partially because "Anna" and I were having some kind of disagreement and she wanted to go this way while I wanted to stay in one place more often or go in another, mostly because I was tiring easily from traveling by foot comparatively much for myself (as i often do in real life from a low energy level when walking places with her.) "Anna" seemed to resent this somehow and continued to press me to explore this sort of paradise with her. Eventually I pushed myself the extra bit and as we looked to the sky and saw the beauty together we were in awe and mutually felt and agreed with eachother it was indeed a wonderful spectacle and how great it felt to be sharing that moment.
There was an under-lying feeling of pained existence beneath all this that I feel when I am awake at all times and also seems to follow me into my dreams so some of the moments that would have otherwise felt nice were bittersweet in the dream. Although I add this last it's important to note that this may be reversed in the sense that the dream perhaps was meant to feel pained in this manner and anxiety producing even though there were potentially good things in the dream. This is what most of my dreams are like. It's as if I'm meant to feel guilty and awful about any happiness I may try to have... More on this later in this journal.

<end journal entry>

Hope that was interesting. Seriously, I spend a lot of time trying to interpret my dreams. Everybody should try it as it is very interesting if not therapeautic which it is.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04972 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,908KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo