View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:06 AM   #5
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Re: Converted (X Box sell out ? U decide)

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

#1. Controllers...too small...waaay to cheaply made. I have had cases where I dropped them and had a button stop working completely. Ive gone through atleast 120 dollars worth of controllers sense purchasing my station about 3 months after its release way back when (X-Box controllers are MUCH sturdier*, and although I dont really like the size of the S type either, its still a better controller than sony's)
I have to say, I have had Dual Shock controllers for more then 6 years now and I NO problem at all. The Xbox normal controllers are horrible in my opinion. Tooo big, so big that they have stopped sending them now. Even Microsoft knows that it was a bad move by making the controllers so big and out of shape buttons (The A, B, X, Y on the normal controllers were put in abnormally) I am glad about the Controller S that they are shaped in Triangle (Just like Dual Shock controllers). Still S is nothing infront of DS (In my opinion)

Quote:
#2. Sony Online. SCEA, whatever ya wanna call it absolutely SUCKS in comparison to LIVE. Lets face it Live surpasses it in just about every way. Sept for online games at te moment (I dont enjoy Unreal or Fever etc all that much)
Service may be good, as basically its a PC in a BOX. But right now need more titles for the LIVE. There aren't just enough. I dont wanna have fast nice speed for the ONLINE and a shitty game. UC is a great game and so is Ghost Recon for the Xbox, but Socom is much much better (when it comes to game play atleast).
And In GHOST RECON........ there is nobody there PLAYING online. Atleast you have kids playing on SOCOM servers.

Quote:
#4 . X Box has 4 controller ports, nuff said (What WAS Sony thinking ?!)
Ok I agree with that....... but the Multi-Tap is not expensive at all, and if you have previous Dual Shock from PsOne, just have to buy a Multi-Tap for cheap price, then paying $40 (Canadian) for the Controller S or the normal one (x 3)

Quote:
#5 Overall quality. If theres anything you can expect with Microsoft and its products (At least with X Box anyways) Its QUALITY. Better stuff inside and out for the same price, cant beat that.
Graphics is the last thing to check on the games now. They all looks pretty decent. One is more shinny and has nice background. But hey GAMEPLAY matters the most. Ps2 may not have the best graphics as its an YEAR old system, but it sure has 10 times better gameplay (QUALITY) games on it.

Quote:
#6 . The Playstation 2 is made to break. My friend bought one the day it came out and just last week had to buy a new one because his quit reading disks all together. Then I saw it happening to my PS2 ever so slowly. It starts by not reading DVDs now and then ,then gets progressively worse as time goes by till it stops playing games.
Although Xbox may have more features, like better DVD player which you have to pay $49 (Canadian) to get. And it can play CD-RW cds......... still IN TWO WEEKS TIME, my Xbox has given me more trouble then any console ever. Even my Playstation1 never had freezing problem between games (Never) But Xbox did. And dont know if most of you know or not....but all the Xbox's in the market right now.....they have a pretty bad Lense, it burns real quick. Most probably soon, Microsoft will give retailers a better Xbox with better lense in the market. These one right now are horrible........ Its a market re-search.

Quote:
Im not TRYING to bash Sony here. I had butt loads of fun with my PS2. But now I feel somewhat betrayed now that Ive really tasted what X Box has to offer and have been burned by Sony’s crappy online playing games and their lack of quality. Sorry if ive bothered anyone...just needed to rant
I am not bashing Xbox as well, just pointing out some things. I have all three consoles........and I love all of them. Still.........Ps2 stands out. Completely.

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.76932 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,908KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below