Thread: "Anime Fans"
View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2002, 05:03 AM   #10
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen
Hmm, but then should everyone know Trigun and Bebop in order to be a fan?

Well, if you think about it....those two girls mostly watched the mainstream anime...you know...the ones that are mostly popular and most widely known. And since Trigun around that time was becoming very popular, you'd think that they would've heard about it at least from someone or seen the cover if they were DHF as they say. I'm not saying that anyone who doesn't watch Trigun or Bebop could never be a fan...but these two girls never even heard of it or if they did, they ignored it for the fact that they thought it was probably something stupid without actually hearing what it was about first. And with them saying they're DHF....it doesn't make them seem very DH because they're really particular about what interests them. I guess I'm not making any sense at all.

Quote:
About DBZ... you should give the sucker and opportunity of being watched.
I'm confused by this.

Quote:
But I think it is, as you said, quite frustrating that they quit featuring Outlaw Star and CB just to show more DBZ... that sucks. I've seen just one chapter of Outlaw Star and it seemed absolutely cool, and so was with Cowboy Bebop. I love DBZ, but I hate it whenever they change soem series to present another. Widen the damn Adult Swim time!
I never said they stopped showing Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop...I said Outlaw Star and The Big O. These two were shown on the Midnight Run on CN around the end of 2000/ beginning of 2001. Cowboy Bebop, on the other hand, didn't get shown until the end of 2001/beginning of 2002....when they started the Adult Swim. They finished airing all 26 shows already, so they probably took it out of the Adult Swim now. But anyway, back then around 2000/2001, they used to show Outlaw Star and The Big O....these two shows were replaced by DBZ after all the episodes of The Big O had been run and some of the episodes of Outlaw Star had been shown (I'm not sure when, I never was able to catch an episode). It was very upsetting for some people because I think the Outlaw Star series was beginning to pick up and then they just cut it.

Quote:
Is like, some years ago.... they had DB and DBZ on TV, and I was enjoying it so much... then some mother$%^$ decided to change the two for guess what.... POKEMON AND DIGIMON. The two anime series I hate with the heart.

That was real disgusting.
Whatever is becoming the most popular or whatever is popular they replace any show with it. That's why that ignorant guy at my school made that point. But still....though DB and DBZ were replaced by these two shows a while back...I believe Pokemon has disappeared (right?) now but I think Digimon is still going...even so, DB and DBZ is still the number 1 anime show of CN. Back then....even Pokemon and Digimon replaced Sailormoon ....which upsetted many, many fans because for one, this show was extremely popular and second, they were starting to get into the later episodes where Haruka and Michiru and Sailor Pluto (I forget her real name) began to appear. But even with the issue of whether young audiences were able to take the lesbianism of the two, CN was still planning on showing the rest. However, it got booted out by Pokemon and Digimon, so I understand your frustration.

Quote:

The bad thing with this stupid guy is that he may talk badly about you saying that you are ignorant or anything because you know why. (when he's the stupid ignorant)

Don't let that fact surprise you if it happens.
Back to my topic (which I kinda strayed off for a moment there ) yeah, I'm not and won't be surprised if he spat that out on our next encounter, if it ever happens. I don't believe that people like that will ever get a reality check but still, if he considers himself a die-hard fan because of those shows he watches, then let him be. I'm just sorry I won't be there if he goes to some real fans one day and said the same things to them.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.51604 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,928KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start