View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2002, 02:04 AM   #63
xman2002

xman2002 is on a distinguished road
Harry;

That is not an opinion nor fanboy lingo about the games that are on both the PS2 and the Xbox. The reason that the Xbox reviews ALWAYS do better is because of the poor frame rate and infererior graphics on the PS2. I'm not refering to the overall score, but the fact that whenever there is a game on both consoles, then the reviewers almost always state that if you have all 3 consoles, then the Xbox version is the one to pick up (regardless of bonus material). This is from people that play BOTH versions not SEPERATE people. For those that need proof of the difference in graphics and frame rates, simply rent a copy of either Max Payne or Artic Thunder ( or even Wreckless....when it comes out) and do a comparison with the Xbox version. Once you do this you will see that this is not an opinion but a FACT.

I knew that this post would agitate a lot of PS2 fans and everyone wants to warrant their decisions, but the post wasn't intended for people that already own a PS2, but for the guy who hadn't made up his mind yet. Whether YOU are ANYONE likes it or not, the PS2 simply is an inferior console in MOST categories. I do realize that it is an older console, but I still think that even when it came out, Sony could have made it SO MUCH MORE. I apologize for coming across as fan-boyish. I don't own only one console nor do I work for Microsoft. I just wish that Sony would have done a few things differently like add a little more memory, a bigger video card and at least a slightly faster processor, & I don't believe that asking for 4 controller ports is asking too much........do you?

The point I am making, is that I felt even when the PS2 came out that it wasn't that much of an upgrade from the Dreamcast (in some ways it was a downgrade). Yes!....This is an OPINION. I never said it was a fact, but I did give my reasons for my opinion. Isn't that what the guy who started this thread asked for (our opinions)?

In regards to the Shemnue 2 being exclusive to the Xbox......., It is exclusive here in America. It was on the Dreamcast in other countries, but since I don't live there, it is exclusive to me.

Also, in regards to your suggestions that I am flaming the PS2. I don't reckon that I know if it really is or isn't. I'm not bashing the console, nor making rude, spiteful or foul statements, so I don't believe that I am flaming. All I know is that I was asked my opinion and I gave my reasons for having mine. You can't tell me I'm not supposed to have one that everyone agrees to (impossible). This is '' OTHER CONSOLES" forum, what did you expect?

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.09342 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,885KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below