Thread: New 2 Anime
View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:34 PM   #13
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
A fast pace mecha battle anime is Gundam wing, a bit long, but very enjoyable. For a deep plot, I suggest Ghost in the shell, not a lot of action, but what's there, it's worth seeing.

I also think that Ninja scroll, Samuri X, or Ninja resurrection are a good trio to watch for some action. It's all samuri stuff thoug, as you can tell by the names.

With some real cool action, and some sweet visual effects and violence, see wicked city, but be warned, there is a lot of graphic nudity in this movie, and shouldn't be seen around your parents.

I love Neon Genisis Evangelion. It very good, with a few stale points in the drawing area, but the all out animation is cool, and the mecha designs are awesome. The charcters are very deep, and the series also has a lot of comedy in it witch is good, because without it, the confusing plot would ingulf you, and you will be dieing for just two minutes of time to ease your mind.

Cowboy bebop is one of my favorites, the action is cool, and the draings are the best than any series I've ever seen. The story can be very deep atr times, and the characters are awesome and the story is very funny and realistic. And the best part of it, is that they didn't kill the show by adding a bunch of wierd aliens that don't make the series realistic.

Escaflowne, is also a deep story, which anyone can get into. The mechas are very original and the characters are real cool. Not much comedy at all, but the story and diolauge is very well thought out. And the battles are also real sweet.

And Akira is the greatest of the great. Even though it was made in 1988, it is still, IMO one of the greatest drawn cartoons ever made. The motor cycle scenes are real cool. And the way the show evolves into something like a super freak of nature plot. it's still worth watching, over and over and over, till you can finally understand what the heck is going on.

Macross plus is also an excellent movie. Very realistic, and a cool and unique story line, to add to the visually stunning animation. The characters are very likable, and the way it all fits together in the end is real cool.

If your into a real fast plot, with a lot of anger and violence, then get X. It's an interesting anime that can get your attention quickly, and keep you excited through out the entire movie. It took me a second time to see it to actuallt appreachiate it though.

And of coarse, the entire DBZ series, if patient enough, can be real cool. The action scenes never seem to stop, which at times, seems to kill the story thoug, but the characters are well developed, and in the end, after watching the whole thing, you will thanki yourself for watching it. But I do admit, that the animation isn't close to the ones I've mentioned up above, but it's still a good addition for a true anime lover.

I haven't seen many action anime, and of the few I have seen, these are all I think were any good. Bubble gum Crisis was kinda cool, but it's kinda a chick flick anime, or also known as a shoujo anime. But I havem't saeen a lot of japanese cartoons, and I'm sure that there are a lot of others out there. So keep loking, and take the titles mentionded up above into consideration when starting your collection.

Oh yeah, and one minor note, I suggest you see all of these animes in theiur original japanese voices, because the english diolauge kills it. Excpt for DBZ, and Cowboy bebop. In DBZ, the japanese voices are just too annoying, and the english actors for cowboy bebop are unbelievably weell done. In My Opinion, better than the japanese ones.

There's my info. I hope it's appreachiated.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.56215 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,893KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo