View Single Post
Old Apr 7th, 2002, 09:39 PM   #43
Hadoken

Hadoken is on a distinguished road
Each character has different counters, and some characters cant counter at all.
It depends on who your using. Check the game manual and look at your characters moves. It should show you they`re reversals. for instance, lei fei has a reversal move he can use. actually, its more of a stance, and when he`s in that stance, if the opponent happens to punch him, he will reverse it.
If you have trouble, you can always practice your A.I.`s reversals in one of the training sections.

with the 1st dans and up. all you have to do is train your A.I., the more you spar with it, the better it will fight. And make sure you teach it as many moves as possible. And make sure when you train it moves, it understands how to perform each one. You should do the move first, then let your A.I. try. If if messes up, there will be a question mark in that box on the screen. That means that your A.I. is having problems learning that move. Keep showing it the move, or try to do only parts of the move, then gradually increasing.
For instance, your trying to teach your A.I. the move with 5 punches in a row, and it can only do 3 punches. You should do 3 punches so your A.I. gets used to it, then increase to doing 4 punches, when it learns that well, move on to doing 5 punches.
If your in battle and you see a "?" in the box on the screen, that means your A.I. tried to perform a difficult move and couldnt pull it off. You should try and train it more.
But there are some moves your A.I. cant do until its at a high rank. you should still try to teach it as much as possible. If it doesnt learn a move after quite a few tries. Skip that move and move on. Try again later after it has gained a few ranks.
And in battle, you will see the word "play" in the box. That means your A.I. is looking for some advice. It usually appears after it does a good move. The word play with then appear. Press O if you liked the move and would like your A.I. to perform it more often. And press X if you didnt like it and would like your A.I. to perfom it less often.

About the last boss(Dural), well... you just have to practice and know your moves. If your having a lot of difficulty beating it, just quit and set the difficulty down a level and try again. It shouldnt be too hard if you know your moves well.

Did i forget anything else? If you need help, just ask. Or try gamefaqs.com, they have a lot of guides that have helped me.
Hadoken is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02841 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,885KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo