Thread: ff remakes
View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:02 PM   #20
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by shaunathon260
those two month old news story's are of course old but they were just planning on 7,8 and9 but THERE R udated storys...if u look for news on FF 12 u should be able to find these updated stories that r only 2 weeks old(mostly on paysites)THEY R RELEASING THE WHOLE SERIES TO PS2 NOT JUST 7,8 AND 9.....AND IF U DON'T BELIEVE ME THAT'S FINE...CAUSE THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM.....ANYWAYS IF U YOUR SO SMART SPANK A THON THEN YOU'LL KNOW WHERE TO AQUIRE THIS INFO(PLUS I'VE ALREADY SAID WHERE...SO IT SHOULDN'T BE TO HARD TO FIGURE OUT)....so if there r any IGNinsider subcribers reading this i can tell u excactly how to get this new news...plus a video interview stating everything i've said so far is true.
First off, turn off the CAPS LOCK dumbass - that's just being rude. Second, I have asked for evidence - and you haven't provided it. If I claimed some kind of big news I would provide a link to back my story up - which you haven't done. Plus I am smart enough to check reliable sources - and none of them have mentioned any remakes of 1-6 for PS2. The best we can get is www.thegia.com saying the 7-9 remakes been put on indefinite hold which generally means don't hold your breath.

So if you can't handle someone challenging your post, don't post without proof. Simple as that.
Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist Okies. So we can expect remakes of the NES games 1, 2 and 3? in full 3D?

That would be very time consuming and pointless, and would no less lead to square loosing yet more money on pointless projects.
And 2 months is not "Old" for a news article; not that it is even two months, yet.
I can't comment on IGNinsider info, but I doubt many others on this board can anyway. I do however doubt that "Paysites" would be able to keep this kind of thing under-wraps for two weeks.
I totally agree Artist. Firstly, why remake 7-9 which are fully compatible with PS2 anyway?? Given that FF7 has been released about 3 times now in Japan (FF7, FF7 International and FF7 Greatest Hits) how can Square make enough money to justify the development time? Re-doing all the character models AND re-rendering all the backgrounds...

I can see value in re-doing FF1-6, I'm sure PS2 versions of those would sell pretty well - but why bother when they can concentrate on making completely new games??? As Artist says, it does seem somewhat pointless from a business point of view.

And there is no way in hell Pay-Sites could keep this news wrapped up. All it would take is one person to leak the news to the likes of www.thegia.com and then it'd be all over the net.

- S
Spank-A-Thon is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.76076 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,894KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end