View Single Post
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #364
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
For the past couple of days I've been over my sister's boyfriend's house playing a buttload of games. (Main reason why I haven't been on much for the past couple of days.)

First and foremost. Ninja Gaiden 2 is insane. I've tried out the staff for the first time, and I have to say that it's pretty cool. Although, the sword is still better in my opinion. I did more damage on the 2nd boss with the sword moreso than the staff. I like how you can switch weapons on the fly. Kills a lot of time from going into the menu, although, I found myself still going into the menu anyway. Old habit from the first one. The camera is the biggest enemy here as well. I love the difficulty. Even on normal things can get pretty intense.

I also tried out Gears of War for the first time. I will admit that it looks good. But then I find it to be "meh" at best. I guess it's because I'm so used to the "Run & Gun" method over the "Stop & Pop". It just takes too much getting used to. I do see why it was a contender for Game of the Year.. (or was it GOTY?) Like, I said though, I prefer run and gun. The saw kill was cool.

I also tried out Super Smash Bros Brawl for the first time. It's okay I guess. I did play with two people using swords, and they were both pretty good. Ike(?) and someone else... (Not Link) The game is not for me, though. I like fighting games, but this just wasn't all that pleasing. (Natural hate for Mario games lol.)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy was being played for a bit. Forgot how to play this one too. Cheap trips and punches get through uppercuts... I hated that crap. I forgot how good Kabal was lol. It's just too bad that I forgot a lot of the combos. I remember a time when I used to just study my book on how to perform the combos, lol.

And last but not least, we pretty much spent all day yesterday and day before yesterday playing Street Fighter Alpha 3. It's been so long since I've last played a Street Fighters game. I used to be really good, but now I'm kicking off rust. But in a matter of 2 days, I think I did fairly well. I've never seen an actual person pull off Akuma's Lights Out special so that caught me off guard. I pretty much played with Ryu, Ken and Guy. (who I forgot was in the game.) I also played with Chun Li and Sakura a couple of times. Man, we had a blast with this one. But my thumb was also blasted so I don't think I'll be playing any type of games dealing with the direction pad for a while lol.

They're trying to get me to play Guitar Heroes, but I'll sue them before they ever get me to play that game.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.37425 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,909KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo