Old Jun 20th, 2007, 05:23 AM   #1380
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks69420
true story
Ahoy, long post ahead!

Can I come on this all holy of Ninja quests? I've been playing a lot of Tenchu Z and have the ninja outfits. I got them from this one guy....don't ask how I got them all you need to know is avoid the police on 5th street.

But I feel ya Meryl, people have borrowed my crap all my life and I never got it back or if I did it was damaged or missing something. This guy I knew in elementary who I considered a friend borrowed my copy of FF8 and last I heard from him he took it to his grandfathers who is two cities over and will bring it back next time he comes back from there. That was three years ago and I haven't heard a peep from him. This one kid borrowed one of my old CD's two years ago and I too haven't seen it, I stopped liking the band a year afterwards but still, that's fifteen dollars gone.

Even games my brother borrows amazingly comes without the instructions, he always takes them out of the case and tosses them wherever the hell he wants too, it’s the lack of appreciation and just general "do whatever the hell I want attitude" makes me want to start getting horribly violent. I didn't pay fifty dollars for this game so you can borrow it and never bring it back, if YOU want it so bad go buy it yourself and leave me the hell alone. I'm not your game rental store, go to blockbuster and shove it. The only person who has borrowed my stuff and brought it back is my buddy since kindergarten. But we're so close friends that we buy each other Christmas and birthday presents while my other "friends" who borrowed shit were just more school acquaintances at best.

But it does pisses me off that just because somebody attempts to get to know you, either by coming to your restaurant or some other means is suddenly "entitled" to borrowing something. What's even worse is that they are essentially using blackmailing to borrow a game I mean dear god how fricking low have we come in the world that people will blackmail you for a shiny disc? I have no idea what makes people tick in weird ways, in that they think they are entitled to everything and if you even as so much as say "but" they suddenly start calling you names or you’re a jerk. I think we should bury those people next to all the E.T. Atari cartridges and call it a day. I really wish you could have said no without them stirring up shit. But it’s just more in general that people would take advantage of your good nature. I’d love to have somebody borrow a game I have, not everybody has disposable income or the time and money to spend on games like I’d do, and I would love nothing better then to spread the wealth as it were. But people just take advantage and never bring shit back and when you call them on it they ignore you or say “oh well I’m almost done, I’ll give it to you in a week.” I’ve also been ripped off out of money this way. So overall I completely know how it feel it sucks when people like this take advantage of your good nature and thus make you a more suspicious person of just about everybody. The only person to return my stuff is my friend I just mentioned. We have borrowed and returned each others stuff for the twelve years we've known each other. We sometime even have each others games months at a time (sometimes we honestly forget we have something) and once one of us says we want this game back we get our games back in a day or two depending if we have any previous arrangements. I wish more people could have honest friends like this, and I'm fortunate that I have. Key word here though is "friend" I have never had anybody else ever return my stuff except him while I've been ripped off by at least six people.

But like Trunks said, we'd be up for a Ninja mission, removing them Shadows of Goda style. We'd even drop the games by your doorstep, ring the doorbell and disappear into the mysterious night. Then some Japanese metal plays in the back ground and all is well in the world.

Last edited by Beretta55; Jun 20th, 2007 at 05:29 AM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.46308 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,919KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo