View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #10
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
Interesting that we both going for opposite spectrums of the entertainment industry though. I'm going to Five Towns College for film major, but the school is more well-known for its audio recording and such. Good luck with yourself.

I wouldn't say we are going for opposite spectrums of the entertainment industry. In fact, one of the things I am interested in doing is producing the sound for films. Everything from the soundtrack to the actual sounds or everything in the film. In the school I am going to, my Admissions person described a project he saw a student doing in which he had to take apart and reassemble form scratch an entire fight scene sequence in the original Matrix movie. There were hundreds upon hundreds of single waveforms mixed together for each and every sound effect and every aspect of it. There are a lot of things to consider... the sound quality or clarity of each sound effect, any effects one might add or purposefully not add, the surround sound aspect of it like which channel(s) they would be mixed to, and so many other things, etc.... all in a way that would compliment the main sound producer and directors artistic vision of the film. The Matrix I would imagine might want to sound a bit like a classic anime for example since anime was one of the wachowski brothers main influence for the film. Now, my ultimate goal may be to work with music mostly, but to think about this certainly widens my spectrum of possibilities and it definately overlaps with yours! I figure as long as I keep my options open with what I can do with Audio Production I will always have something to do in order to get paid with it so I can afford to open my own production/recording studio for mostly musical artists some day. OK, I have ranted quite a bit here, but I thought I would share some of my insight into the industry from what I know so far. Maybe it will help you see what type of people you may find yourself working with. Btw, never underestimate the power of the independent film. This is the time for indie films just like it is the time for indie labels in the music industry, bruh You will find a lot of cool people to work with on their projects. Don't wait until you graduate! Oh, and use myspace. I know its kind of evil, but its still an invaluable networking tool. And they know it too... grrrrr... scary. OK... my mind is offically all over the place. Ahhh!

PEACE

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.31045 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,902KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo