Thread: Room 101 Game
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #31
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmoohead

1. "Oh, but I only do pot ever couple weeks with my friends". Well congrats, your SPECIAL, oh wait, no your not!
Ummm... I smoke weed once every couple of months. Am I special now?

Btw, do you drink? Thats no better. In some ways it can be much worse.

I only drink occasionally myself.

Honestly, I believe myself to be quite the responsible person when it comes to the chemicals I allow in my body... lets see:

1. food (well ok my diet could be better)

2. H20 or WATER

3. Air... like fresh air from nature... Oxygen and Nitrogen and all those lovely things found in air.

4. THC from marijuana on occasion... maybe once every couple of months

5. Alcohol on occasion... i might go out drinking once every other weekend and even then I dont usually get completely trashed... you know they say to drink lots of water in order to avoid a bad hangover... try it... but its not like its something i ever really have to worry about on a regular basis

Do I claim to be special for smoking pot? No. Maybe some people do when they first start because they are naive.

It took me a little while to realize I didn't need weed in order to be more connected with myself because it has already been there within me the whole time. I just wasn't allowing myself to enjoy myself to my full extent before. I had to find that out for myself.

These days I feel alive just being myself more than ever before and I have this wonderful thing called a natural high that I can tap into. It's great. That doesn't make me special either, though. We all have this ability.

Quote:
2.Students in schools who give no respect to anyone. You want to pump gas all your life, go ahead, but do us all a favor and stop going to class. Cause although you don't see it, I bet more then half of your class wants an education cause they don't want to grow up as your nightshift co-worker, using a squeege. You need help you want help, then get it, stop bringing down everyone else around you.

I completely agree with you. It's the difference between students who know why they are in college and those who don't. I am in college because I now know what I wish to do with my life. If somebody else wants to voice nothing but negative feelings about the work in the classes they can do it somewhere else. I am there to learn. Even the classes which are not quite as clear as to their purpose having directly to do with my goals in terms of their content, I still need to pass them in order to move on to other classes and get my degree. Thats what makes them part of the larger picture whether I like it or not so I might as well have a positive attitude about passing them. It does me no good to sit there and piss and moan about everything. Am I going to need to vent occasionally of something I might feel is pointless in the heat of the moment? Sure. But I am going to try to remember to do it in the right place, which would be somewhere other than class or in the faces of fellow students who are working as hard as me to get an education.
If somebody's just plain going to sit next to me in a class that is actually focused on our major and say this or that is "bullshit" every time, I have no sympathy for them if they flunk out. Apparently they didn't want to be there, anyway. And they better not roll their eyes at me when they see that I am genuinely interested and excited by what I am learning because I am participating in class discussion.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.78802 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,910KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo