Thread: Room 101 Game
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #28
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Some of these are great! However I have a different opinion on a couple.

First one was the screaming at your kid in a store, or hitting your child. I believe there is a HUGE difference between disapline and "hitting". I think that hitting a child is an effective means of disapline if done right for the right reasons. There is a a big difference between abusing a child and hitting them. A spank on the bum for major wrong doing is not something to scream abuse over.

That being said, in some cases the acutal parenting is to blame for child behavior and if you can't control your child then there are things you need to focus onyourself as a parent. I was spanked as a child and guess what, i never did it again. Sure i pushed my boundries and probably got away with it more then most kids cause I knew the moment I crossed the line. I don't have an problems with how I was raised and believe that hitting a child is not as extreme as the public tends to view it.

I do agree however that there are other ways in dealing with a child in public, but if the situation calls for it, people shouldn't stair or judge.

Now as for things i want to add.

1.People that throw there lives away doing drugs. I don't care who you are or what pedistal you think you live on. DRUGS ARE NOT COOL! They don't make you special, they don't do anything to make you better then anyone else. I don't care how HARD or how light the drug is either, Pot, Snow, E whatever, a drug is a drug and although you and your friends might think your awsome, your just another static of people failing themselves. I have seen to many quality people destroy their lives using drugs and have had close friends die from them. "Oh, but I only do pot ever couple weeks with my friends". Well congrats, your SPECIAL, oh wait, no your not!

2.Students in schools who give no respect to anyone. You want to pump gas all your life, go ahead, but do us all a favor and stop going to class. Cause although you don't see it, I bet more then half of your class wants an education cause they don't want to grow up as your nightshift co-worker, using a squeege. You need help you want help, then get it, stop bringing down everyone else around you.

3.Fanboys - Especially those that intentionally sign up for other gaming forms just to be a fanboys. For example, this is a ps website, sure we talk about other systems cause we are gamers, but if your comming to a website like this just to be an xbox fanboy, go find an xbox forum.

4. Bottled Water - This is great for one reason and one reason only. Clean water supplies for those that need it, like situations where mother nature prevents clean water (Memphis). But to sell it at my local store for $2 a freaking bottle, give me a break. Its not like you produced the water yourself in a water factory. This is the earths resource and some guy is making millions off it for little to no cost.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.48631 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,909KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end