View Single Post
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #172
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare
Right now I'm playing Kingdom Hearts. (Big talk in the gaming community I suppose?) But right now it's another one of these games that I feel it's been overhyped. Maybe I'm not giving this game a fair chance because I'm only in wonderland. But at the moment, I am not feeling this game at all. It's like it's trying too hard to be Zelda so to speak. These controls.... meh, still trying to get use to this camera toggling.

Maybe it's too early for me to judge, so I'm going to continue playing for a little bit more. But personally.... I don't see what's so good about this game. (Maybe I have bad taste in games or something. I'm also starting to lose interest in videogames.... maybe that's it? *shrugs*)
You're not alone. "Kingdom Hearts" is one of those games that you either love or hate. If you suspect that you don't like it from the beginning, you probably won't like it in the end...at least that's what some people say.

Perhaps the game is a bit overhyped probably because the shocking realization that Disney and FF characters can and do mix well. While this may be it, I personally love the game to pieces. The story is wonderful...I especially love the important focus on the meaning and word "promise." The game made that word so much more powerful and meaningful that I get chills when I think of it. The game is just meaningful overall...near the end, there is such a cliched scene (
Spoiler: show
When Sora is shutting the door on Riku and Mickey
) that you'd think any gamer would just roll their eyes...yet, I couldn't help but feel such sorrow seeing it because of the silent meaningfulness of it.

There's also a real sense of purpose in the game - you really feel like a true hero trying to destroy evil. I know RPGs can make you feel this way, but "KH" is much shorter than RPGs and doesn't have many sidequests, so I can focus much better. Also, the characters have a really wonderful chemistry between them...Sora, Donald, and Goofy are so likeable. I loved how SquareEnix was able to give Donald, Goofy, and Mickey some dimension in their personalities; their cartoon personalities are so unlikeable sometimes and so 2-dimensional. But in the game, they feel real.

Overall the game is great, it made me laugh, cry, and cry some more. You should play a little further into the game and then determine if you really like it or hate it.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Mar 20th, 2006 at 03:42 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.59512 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,921KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo