Thread: Music!
View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 02:38 PM   #8
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Man, thats a proper critique! I've never faced such before! Arrgh! *runs to take tracks down*. No, I'm kidding, the songs shall have to stay.
Eek, I suddenly have a strange urge to justify myself. First of all thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.
The distortion (whether for better or worse) is intentional. I run my guitar through all sorts of exotic boxes to produce some of the tones. I guess a theme in what I "do" is the creation of noise, sometimes atonal. I do like to hide my vocals at times too. But those are both valid criticisms! It's very rare for me to share much of the body of my music, so this is somewhat new.
As for the diary, hahaha, you're right. Somebody else said this to me when he came around to my flat to hear the songs, but he was American so ignored him (just kidding, my American friends). I guess the lesson here is to never ever sing any vocals when you have a cold. Obviously, I'll have to re-record the song and it really is just a rough idea for now of where I'm at. I can only assure you the lyric is and i will send you my diary on that last day. Perhaps I'll change it to 'the journal' to avoid such linguistic problems!
You've picked up on my intention to hide the words wherever possible. I have to say this is an intention as I don't have the youthful faith I once had in the 'quality' of my lyrics. In fact, I've grown somewhat angry at them recently, so I do have a tendency to hide them away behind noise.
Kudos for spotting the quote! Again, that's only really there at the moment (as if we have a chance of getting that cleared), it's more the line thats captivated me for years. I guess in my mind it connected with the 'theme' of the song as it were (you'll have to work that out for yourself though). And again! Kudos on spotting the origin of the name, stolen and somewhat altered. I'm such an amiga kid, yeah!

You have to believe me that it's very hard for me to take myself so seriously and talk about these songs as a body of work or art or similar. I'm having to force myself to do this. But please don't think I'm overtly pretentious or arrogant!
I really do appreciate all of your comments!
xx

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.54342 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,886KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end