View Single Post
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #8
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Yesterday I actually played one of these things. My friend has one import and his psp has no problems with it. The disc does not pop out when you twist it. Hell, you cant even twist it like that unless you are on a serious mission to destroy that thing. If you twist it that hard you are just asking for the screen to break. My friend said that the dude hit the open button in that video. I dunno about that but it may be so.

But he had zero dead pixels, the battery life was good, and the quality of movies is just outstanding (HDTV quality). It seems that nintendo fanboys are just making things seem worse than they actually are. The dead pixels are bound to be in some units because that is just what happens. No one can stop dead pixels on a LCD, it is just sometimes made like that. Even some DS units had dead pixels on em.

And as Frozen said, if you do play till the battery runs out, you do need to find yourself a life. Or you are just on an extremely long road trip. There will be car adapters you can buy also. It isnt like you have to constantly buy batteries, it has a rechargeable lithuim battery.

You also can purchase new memory sticks if you want to use it as a serious mp3 player. It is only a little over $100 for a 512mb one also so you can get a nice selection of music in that little thing (well, if you can use the sony duo memory sticks, which are the same size as the one that comes with the PSP). As for the screen getting scratched, there is a case the thing comes with. Well... that is if you get the value pack, that is (which does cost quite a bit if you import it). The value pack also comes with these neat little headphones that have the playback controls on the cord.

After playing with this thing first hand, I am starting to want one for myself, and I never was really a fan of handhelds. I am not worrying about how much of a battery drain transferring mp3s are because why the hell would i be transferring a lot of music at any place other than my house? It will be plugged in while I am at home. If I am getting music from a friend, it isnt like I will be transferring 200mb worth of mp3s. :/

Oh, and we were able to fit a 2 hour long movie, full res & full screen on the PSP and still have room left over for music. This was with 512mb of memory.

As for things I hated, the analong stick is placed in an odd spot and I can see how the power cord can be a problem.

Last edited by Chara; Jan 4th, 2005 at 08:09 PM..
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.60693 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,894KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo